i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Check whether the BT Chipset you get is BCM20702 Rev. B0 You can check this in System Report --> Bluetooth and find out. Newer BT chipsets may not work properly in the x1 slot with Mojave. Some are reporting BT will only work in specific PCIe slots and not others. One person said his BT worked fine in a x4, x8 or x16 slot but not in a x1 slot.

UPDATE 3/27/19

It turns out the the BT problems that occurred with the Fenvi card happened because the motherboard had an Intel CNVi wifi BT card installed in it's slot on the motherboard. They removed this card and then BT worked normally. False alarm. If you take out the Intel CNVi card BT should work normally when the Fenvi card is in a x1 slot.

Original post:
They no longer sell these on Amazon. If you live in the USA buy yours from Newegg.com to get it quickly.

Now available on Newegg.com https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADXZ7GS4848&cm_re=FV-T919-_-0XM-00JK-00033-_-Product

Last edited:
Hello, English is not my native language, please excuse typing errors.

I would like to buy some better wifi/bluetooth dongle. This fenvi looks perfect. But, in the description of the product, last point is:

Description:
  • Brand Name: Fenvi
  • Model: FV-T919
  • Chipest:Broadcom BCM94360
  • Type: Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0
  • Speed up to 1300Mbps
  • Support Bluetooth 4.0
  • Dual band 2.4Ghz/5Ghz
  • Support Hackintosh
  • With 4 pcs Antenna
  • Support for Windows7/8/8.1/10/linux/Hackintosh/MacOSX
  • Note:Bluetooth function not work well on MacOSX 10.12,thank you.
Have someone bought this card and tried it on MacOS 10.13?
And second question. I have HP 8300 SFF. Does it fit into HP box if I use low profile bracket?

Yes, the BT will work with 10.13 if you connect the cable to one of the USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard. I have not changed one of these to the LP bracket yet. I think that it will require removing one of the plastic external antennas.

The BT chipset should be 20702B0. You can check this in System Info -> Bluetooth to find out.
If you get a card with a newer BT chipset it likely will not work in the x1 slot. Try one of the x4 or x8 slots instead.

Last edited:
Thank you for answer.

Ok, so upper antenna will be unplugged. I hope it is not the bluetooth one. :)
The BT range of these is strong enough that even if your BT mouse and keyboard are anywhere near the PC you should get a decent connection without an antenna to amplify the BT signal.

Ordered one. It's on a boat somewhere.

Thanks!

I'm running one on 10.13, works flawlessly.

Hello, English is not my native language, please excuse typing errors.

I would like to buy some better wifi/bluetooth dongle. This fenvi looks perfect. But, in the description of the product, last point is:

Description:
  • Brand Name: Fenvi
  • Model: FV-T919
  • Chipest:Broadcom BCM94360
  • [snip]
  • Note:Bluetooth function not work well on MacOSX 10.12,thank you.
Have someone bought this card and tried it on MacOS 10.13?
And second question. I have HP 8300 SFF. Does it fit into HP box if I use low profile bracket?

Got mine in today. Works perfectly with 10.13, bluetooth picked up my magic trackpad instantly.

The seller cityeliter currently has 200 of these in stock. Price is good, the downside is the wait for shipping from China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FV-T919-De...948048?hash=item2cd4743ad0:g:Bf8AAOSwCFta~XgT
Just remember it needs to go in a PCI-e x1 slot and not a x8 or x16 slot to work. They no longer sell these on Amazon but the shipping time will probably not be over 2-3 weeks. Check with the seller for a more precise estimate based on your location.

Just for fun, I tried the "Make Offer" option. I bid $50 and it was accepted!
Enjoy!

I bid for $49 and was accepted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back