Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919 is Back at Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine will arrive tomorrow....

I bought FV-T919 on Aliexpress and it works only in PCIe x1 slot – doesn't work in PCIe x8, x4, which is pain for my G5 case mod

I bought FV-T919 on Aliexpress and it works only in PCIe x1 slot – doesn't work in PCIe x8, x4, which is pain for my G5 case mod
Have you disabled or removed the Wifi card that is on the Z390 board ?

Have you disabled or removed the Wifi card that is on the Z390 board ?
Yeah, removed the card from the board.

BIOS doesn't see the adapter when running on PCIe x8.

BT works fine, as I configured USB ports.

Last edited:
Yeah, removed the card from the board.

BIOS doesn't see the adapter when running on PCIe x8.

BT works fine, as I configured USB ports.

Have you considered an extension cable?

59A04FF9-86B8-4DD8-9633-878CCCA814E5.jpeg

Have you considered an extension cable?

View attachment 418747

Yep, thinking to buy it, but as I understand, I'll have to move below PCIe x8 slot as FV-T919 won't fit with an adaptor...

Also thinking about extending antenna cable — to leave FV-T919 in PCIe x1 and take off the antenna out of the case.

Yep, thinking to buy it, but as I understand, I'll have to move below PCIe x8 slot as FV-T919 won't fit with an adaptor...

Also thinking about extending antenna cable — to leave FV-T919 in PCIe x1 and take off the antenna out of the case.

Extender antenna cables is a good option and leaving it in slot x1 will leave more pci lanes for graphics card performance.

I finally got around to installing this (as well as a Firewire card for accessing an old video camera) and I pulled out an old pair of friends from the garage. I put batteries into both of these and they both function perfectly. They haven't enjoyed the battery life for probably 6 years.
IMG_0578.jpg

I added the Fenvi card only because I was interested in getting an Apple Magic Trackpad for use when my wrist starts hurting. The change of motion is quite helpful in recovering pain free wrists. I still haven't picked up a trackpad... coming soon.

But rewiew says BT doesnt work.

Those type card (I have one of them) Bluetooth always making problem. My biggest problem is when I download something Magic Mouse always lock itself and super laggy sometimes you can't even move the cursor. When download finished everything works properly.

I thought this is internal USB problem and I follow @RehabMan USB guide, set my all USB properly but this problem never gone even I bought new USB cable but nothing change. I checked RSSI when I download something all signals are perfect. I tried every lag and speed tracking app none of them help.

Now I ordered wifi booster and I will cancel BT antenna from the card and move to the desktop. Maybe this will help. Will see.

By the way my bluetooth works every device connection perfect hot spot handoff airdrop everything works. As I said before when download something Magic Mouse lag and this is super annoying.

You can improve the situation by reorienting the antennas, or even figuring out which one is bluetooth and suing an extension relocate it from the back to the front of the case. assuming the typical computer case and that you are in front of it. In my case I replaced the overly long ones with shorter ones and that helped a lot. At least for bluetooth on the desktop, overall range has went down I think.

Ideally you should have direct line of sight between antennas and the devices they are communicating with.

The adapter card is not ideal, it's just convenient. Be nice if computer cases started coming with preinstalled antennas that were optimally placed.

Extender antenna cables is a good option and leaving it in slot x1 will leave more pci lanes for graphics card performance.

OK, here is how I did it:

Bought these USB extension kits – USB 3.1
IMG_9390.JPG

USB 3.0
2019-09-13 19.40.42.jpg
Drilled additional 6mm holes:
IMG_9410.JPG

Bought these RP-SMA Male-Female extension cables with an angled connector:
IMG_9266.JPG

The result:
IMG_9412.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG