Asus Maximus XI Hero z390
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I bought a Fenvi FV-T919 thinking it would work out of the box. I installed the card into a 1x slot and hooked up the usb header, I have Wifi However I do not have any bluetooth. I have usbinjectall kext installed but am not having and luck. Any thoughts? on High Sierra.

UPDATE:

So I figured out the USB header is supplying power but isn't detecting anything when a USB front panel hub is connected. I am trying to follow the guide for a custom ssdt, but am having trouble figuring out how to limit USB ports for injection.

Any help?

Last edited:
So I bought a Fenvi FV-T919 thinking it would work out of the box. I installed the card into a 1x slot and hooked up the usb header, I have Wifi However I do not have any bluetooth. I have usbinjectall kext installed but am not having and luck. Any thoughts? on High Sierra.

UPDATE:

So I figured out the USB header is supplying power but isn't detecting anything when a USB front panel hub is connected. I am trying to follow the guide for a custom ssdt, but am having trouble figuring out how to limit USB ports for injection.

Any help?

Hi there.

Yes, it sounds as though you are on the right track.:thumbup:

Just to test before you dive headlong into an SSDT, as well as the USBInjectAll.kext do you have the Port Limit Removal Patch installed in your config.plist?

I have heard that there are problems with the patch on 10.14.2

Creating a bespoke SSDT will cure the problem and the need for the patch.

I know it looks complicated but you can get there by just doing the basics.

First step, run IORegistryExplorer and search for the XHC section. The majority of USB ports will be listed as HS01 to HS##. Are there any SS## ports? Report back.

:)

So I have been working on it all night. I have limited the to just the hs ports being injected but my headers still won’t work. And I do have ss ports but even with it limited to only ss ports I still don’t have usb 2 headers which makes sense ss=super speed. But my usb 3 are running at usb 2.0 speeds. I have tried the newest version of usbinjectall 7.02 I believe and it reports back different ports than the 6.5 version. And on 7.02 no usb 2 ports work no matter what I limit. I used kext beast to install it to system/library/extensions but I’m not for sure if it installed correctly. How can I double check? Oh I do have the port limit in the list per the guide it is for 10.3.6. Which is what I’m running.

So I have been working on it all night. I have limited the to just the hs ports being injected but my headers still won’t work. And I do have ss ports but even with it limited to only ss ports I still don’t have usb 2 headers which makes sense ss=super speed. But my usb 3 are running at usb 2.0 speeds. I have tried the newest version of usbinjectall 7.02 I believe and it reports back different ports than the 6.5 version. And on 7.02 no usb 2 ports work no matter what I limit. I used kext beast to install it to system/library/extensions but I’m not for sure if it installed correctly. How can I double check? Oh I do have the port limit in the list per the guide it is for 10.3.6. Which is what I’m running.

Yes, that's right. Basically HS## ports are the USB 2.0 and SS## ports are the USB 3.0.

Each single USB 3.0 port needs two configurations - an HS and an SS one - to operate correctly. This applies to motherboard headers just the same as the rear ports.

To address your original problem of the Bluetooth USB connection not working you need to configure the motherboard header port you are using. It only needs to be USB 2.0. With the Fenvi connector plugged-in open IORegistryExplorer and look for something like this:

Ports.png

This is my own Bluetooth connection from my card to a motherboard header, which you can see is designated HS14.

It appears in the list because I have specifically configured the port. However if you have USBInjectAll.kext and the Port Limit Removal patch installed then you should see something similar (?) If not, this is why your Bluetooth isn't working. The port is basically turned-off as far as macOS is concerned.

To start the process of creating a USB SSDT you could use a USB memory-stick and test each port while IOREgistryExplorer is running. Your stick will appear on the XHC tree at each different port. Write down where each port is on your machine along with it's address (HS01 etc). For the motherboard headers perhaps you can test the front case ports as these are usually fed from one of them. This helps you see how the ports are numbered.

Once you've done this you are half-way there because each HS port has an equivalent SS port unless it is USB 2.0 only etc.

Next step is to edit the template to match your own port numbers and only activate the one's you use, keeping the total to 15 :thumbup:

See here is where I am having the problem. I can see the hs ports and I understand the usb 3 ports are also a usb 2 port. But I cannot get the usb 2 ports to recognize anything. Keyboard mouse usb stick. Nothing. Even with the ports limited removal patch and only the hs active. So how do I get the usb2 port numbers if they won’t activate?

Update: I found someone with the exact motherboard I have and then used his ssdt. Got it working, I have a basic understanding of usb now, However I still have know clue why it wasn't injecting the ports properly for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back