Fenvi FV-T919 From Buying Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm looking into parts a little more closely now that I've gotten serious about my build, and when I click the Buyer's Guide link for the Fenvi FV-T919, it takes me here. This doesn't look like the picture in the Buyer's Guide, and doesn't seem to be the same product. It says it is merely an adapter, and doesn't come with a wireless card. I'm confused. The buyer's guide doesn't mention needing a card in addition to the Fenvi product. Googling "Fenvi FV-T919" gives me various web links to what appears to be the actual product. Is this something that needs to be corrected/changed in the Buyer's Guide? If I get the Fenvi FV-T919 from a different place than linked there, do I need wireless card to go with it? If so, which one is recommended for full compatibility with Mac OS Sierra (handoff, etc.)?

Edit: I seem to have found part of the answer here, but I still don't know why the Buyer's Guide Amazon link seems to be wrong.

Last edited:
I'm looking into parts a little more closely now that I've gotten serious about my build, and when I click the Buyer's Guide link for the Fenvi FV-T919, it takes me here. This doesn't look like the picture in the Buyer's Guide, and doesn't seem to be the same product. It says it is merely an adapter, and doesn't come with a wireless card. I'm confused. The buyer's guide doesn't mention needing a card in addition to the Fenvi product. Googling "Fenvi FV-T919" gives me various web links to what appears to be the actual product. Is this something that needs to be corrected/changed in the Buyer's Guide? If I get the Fenvi FV-T919 from a different place than linked there, do I need wireless card to go with it? If so, which one is recommended for full compatibility with Mac OS Sierra (handoff, etc.)?

Edit: I seem to have found part of the answer here, but I still don't know why the Buyer's Guide Amazon link seems to be wrong.

It's wrong because apparently the FV-T919 is out of stock at Amazon.com, and their algorithm is stupid enough to auto-direct you to what it thinks is a suitable alternative.

Since that card has been added to the B.Guide it has sold out rather quickly on Amazon.com. The cards have to come from China so it takes some time to get them back in stock. Keep watching and hopefully they will carry a lager inventory after the next shipment.

Since that card has been added to the B.Guide it has sold out rather quickly on Amazon.com. The cards have to come from China so it takes some time to get them back in stock. Keep watching and hopefully they will carry a lager inventory after the next shipment.
Thanks everyone. Wi-Fi is pretty low priority for me right now since I have a pretty good wired setup, so I can just wait until they pop back up, or get one from AliExpress if I really want one soon.

It's no secret that the site benefits from items purchased through Amazon (automatic) and Newegg (if surrounded by the "[ newegg ][ /newegg ]" tags) links here - it says so right at the top of the Buyer's Guide. A lot of folks don't like buying from Aliexpress because it takes so long to ship from China.

I know , sometimes 30 days+ to Denmark but it´s ok with me compared to price
If products linked to at Amazon is out of stock they just redirect you to another
without a warning with the risk that people buy something useless

That's why people need to pay attention to what they're buying - sure, Amazon's algorithm is at fault but folks need to take some personal responsibility as well.

Perhaps someone should update the buyer's guide. The FV-T919 has been gone from there for at least three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back