Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV T919 (Broadcom BCM94360) working except Apple Watch unlock (Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX B460-G Gaming
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. as the title suggests I have the above card and all is working well (including continuity and handoff) with my Wifi/BT card except unlock with Apple Watch. It looks for it and then resorts to unlock with password. I have had a couple of times where wifi was slow to start after screen turning off. My machine is set to never sleep. I have tried installing AirportBrcmFixup.kext with no change.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experience (and fix)?

Many thanks.

Yes, I solved catalina with fenvi fv t919 (Bluetooth issues)

KextBeast is a quick installer for .kext, .bundle, and .plugin files.

1. Place files (IOBluetooth.zip) on desktop.
2. Run KextBeast installer
3. Select the destination folder:
/Library/Extensions
/System/Library/Extensions
4. Reboot

Attachments

• IOBluetooth.zip
    3 MB · Views: 157
  • Bluetooth kexts fix.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2562-10-23 at 10.13.52.png
    Screen Shot 2562-10-23 at 10.13.52.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
About to give this a try but not sure I understand instruction #3. Are you installing the two kexts in both /L/E and /S/L/E? Or did you just replace the existing kexts in /S/L/E?

UPDATE: Unfortunately didn't work for my machine. I first put the kexts in /S/L/E, then both /L/E and /S/L/E but unlock from watch still isn't working.

Last edited:
About to give this a try but not sure I understand instruction #3. Are you installing the two kexts in both /L/E and /S/L/E? Or did you just replace the existing kexts in /S/L/E?

UPDATE: Unfortunately didn't work for my machine. I first put the kexts in /S/L/E, then both /L/E and /S/L/E but unlock from watch still isn't working.

I tried to reboot system. I found when system detect manufacturer is Broadcom. The bluetooth worked great and not working when detected Manufacturer is Ericsson

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2562-10-23 at 10.13.52.png
    Screen Shot 2562-10-23 at 10.13.52.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 150
  • Screen Shot 2562-10-23 at 10.56.26.png
    Screen Shot 2562-10-23 at 10.56.26.png
    198 KB · Views: 161
I have the exact same issue where BT is working fine but I can not get my Apple Watch to unlock the computer.
Did anyone figure out how to fix it?

I have the exact same issue where BT is working fine but I can not get my Apple Watch to unlock the computer.
Did anyone figure out how to fix it?

Silly question but you've enabled "unlock with Apple Watch.." in security settings right? Mine works out of the box didn't do anything but check that box in macOS settings.

I did multiple times and the approve with watch feature is working fine so it is connecting to the watch. I can get the pc out of sleep with my magic trackpad or keyboard so BT works.

I too am getting approve with watch working (just installed Intel Power Gadget to test PM, I lost my original config.plist and had to create another). Still that has nothing to do with unlocking the watch. The broadcom 20702A device (or whatever the bluetooth device on the Fenvi T919 card is) has its usb ports set to internal. Since then waking the computer there is no delay before I can start moving the mouse pointer, but unlock with watch is still not functioning.

Things I have tried:
Moving the card to an 8x slot instead of a 1x slot
Making sure PM was working properly
Several kexts in E/C/K/O e.g. bcmpatchram3.kext. Removed since they didn't help
And and one stage there I hosed my system trying out OpenCore (accidentally deleted my working clover EFI), so clean install. Still doesn't work.

Luckily on hosing the EFI partition, I still had my system backed up on an external SSD, so it was just a matter of grabbing my macbook and recreating an EFI for the hack. Yes I was a dumbass and deleted both the EFI on the external SSD, and then copied the non functioning one to it. :p

I don't think this is card specific, Unlock with AW isn't really working with other cards either:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back