Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919 is Back at Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got one of those, it works great. I was worried because of the price but it was the real deal. Bluetooth works as well. Only negative is no OOB windows function for dual boot.

I also have a couple of TPLink N900 adapters $35 US which are wifi type N dual band but no Bluetooth. They do boot into windows and Mac OSX out of box.

Some have reported the one from the 2nd link as working OOB. You could try it. Note that it is very difficult to return one to China and get a refund if you have any problems with it.

By the time it arrives your 30 day return policy is close to expiration, lol! It's a nail biter but I got lucky with the first link a while back as well.

If you go with Fenvi it's guaranteed but it costs a premium.

It appears that either will work. Both use the BCM94360CD chipset and include the USB cable required for the BT operation. However, both are shipping from China, so expect them 3-4 weeks after you order it.

But rewiew says BT doesnt work.

Those type card (I have one of them) Bluetooth always making problem. My biggest problem is when I download something Magic Mouse always lock itself and super laggy sometimes you can't even move the cursor. When download finished everything works properly.

I thought this is internal USB problem and I follow @RehabMan USB guide, set my all USB properly but this problem never gone even I bought new USB cable but nothing change. I checked RSSI when I download something all signals are perfect. I tried every lag and speed tracking app none of them help.

Now I ordered wifi booster and I will cancel BT antenna from the card and move to the desktop. Maybe this will help. Will see.

By the way my bluetooth works every device connection perfect hot spot handoff airdrop everything works. As I said before when download something Magic Mouse lag and this is super annoying.

The problem I have with the Fenvi card is that it does not support the AC wifi protocol, only up to N. If you want the fastest wifi speed you can get, take care of your bluetooth needs with separate hardware.

take care of your bluetooth needs with separate hardware.
Actually I'm not interested in Wifi, the only reason i want this card is for it's apparent full bluetooth support out of the box.

Currently I use the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. Which works but I have to unplug and plug back in every time I reboot the machine. I did search the forums about this issue and the info I found was all over the map.

The problem I have with the Fenvi card is that it does not support the AC wifi protocol, only up to N. If you want the fastest wifi speed you can get, take care of your bluetooth needs with separate hardware.

What's the story with this? It says AC in the product descriptions I have read.

See Post #17.

The FV-T919 works in the bios according to the listing to buy the card, but if I connect the apple keyboard and mouse in Mac does that mean it will remain connected in Windows or will that somehow mess up the connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back