Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT card At Newegg.com for $51.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a card I spent a lot on from OSXwifi, I feel like I should buy one of these because it looks so much nicer.
Yes, these are very high quality and well put together Wifi/BT cards. The only negative about them is that some will not work when installed to a x1 PCIe slot and will in a x4, x8 or x16. Other than that they're better than the OSX Wifi card in every way. Especially price.

Last edited:
What is the difference between those fenvi cards compared to this ?

At 29.90$ I have everything working (Wifi Ac, BT4.2, Airdrop, Continuity, Handoff etc...)

Am I missing something here?

Both cards will work and support all features. The Broadcom BCM943602CS card is from a Mac laptop and the 94360CD with the Fenvi adapter is from a 2013 iMac. The Fenvi has 4 antennas and probably has slightly better BT range but either one is a good choice. You got a great deal on that one. :thumbup:

If there is one advantage of the FV-T919 from Fenvi worth noting, it's that you can be sure you're getting a brand new and genuine card, the BCM94360CD. When you buy cards on Ebay and a separate adapter, they may not be new or genuine Broadcom cards. That is one risk you take when trying to spend less for these. Ordering from Newegg gets you the product much more quickly and an easier return route if you need that option.

Last edited:
Both cards will work and support all features. The Broadcom BCM943602CS card is from a Mac laptop and the 94360CD with the Fenvi adapter is from a 2013 iMac. The Fenvi has 4 antennas and probably has slightly better BT range but either one is a good choice. You got a great deal on that one. :thumbup:

If there is one advantage of the FV-T919 from Fenvi worth noting, it's that you can be sure you're getting a brand new and genuine card, the BCM94360CD. When you buy cards on Ebay and a separate adapter, they may not be new or genuine Broadcom cards. That is one risk you take when trying to spend less for these. Ordering from Newegg gets you the product much more quickly and an easier return route if you need that option.
Let’s not forget the fenvi looks way cleaner.

would you mind posting a pic of what you did? I have the 919, but cannot figure out what to do since it isn't LP. i hate to waste the 50$, but it's just been sitting for months now.

anyone know if i can do this?
I plan on switching out for a low profile bracket, however, all 4 antennas will not fit. So, I am thinking about drilling two holes into 2 different brackets. And then, HOPEFULLY, running from the card, to the bracket with these, and letting the antenna hold to the bracket itself. I can't tell, but i might need another 4 nuts, to make sure it attaches to the bracket well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3VOYIU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

any thoughts? please let me know if this will not work...

anyone know if i can do this?
I plan on switching out for a low profile bracket, however, all 4 antennas will not fit. So, I am thinking about drilling two holes into 2 different brackets. And then, HOPEFULLY, running from the card, to the bracket with these, and letting the antenna hold to the bracket itself. I can't tell, but i might need another 4 nuts, to make sure it attaches to the bracket well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3VOYIU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

any thoughts? please let me know if this will not work...

I hate Antenna sticking out the back of my box, SO I bent the bracket strait and mounted it horizontal on the inside of the case. Not sure you have the room and if I did not have a W/C on my CPU it might not work as well. See Image. However I do not have a Fenvi I have one from OSXwifi.

Attachments

• IMG_1701.jpeg
    IMG_1701.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_1702.jpeg
    IMG_1702.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 290
I hate Antenna sticking out the back of my box, SO I bent the bracket strait and mounted it horizontal on the inside of the case. Not sure you have the room and if I did not have a W/C on my CPU it might not work as well. See Image. However I do not have a Fenvi I have one from OSXwifi.

excellent..i like that much better. what cables did you use? it looks like yours have techflex and nice heatshrink maybe a better quality than what i was looking at on amazon

excellent..i like that much better. what cables did you use? it looks like yours have techflex and nice heatshrink maybe a better quality than what i was looking at on amazon
No idea on the cables they came on the card that I have. I do not have a fenvi I have one from OSXwifi so the construction is a bit different. However the cables you were looking at are similar.. I think OSXwifi has parts also but they are likely more expensive then what you have found.

is my card:

https://www.osxwifi.com/product/pc-...94360cd-802-11-a-b-g-n-ac-with-bluetooth-4-0/

Last edited:
Sorry if I post this twice (see also https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fenvi-fv-t919-at-amazon-com.222769/page-4):

Right now the Fenvi FV-T919 is on sale at NewEgg. Wouldn't it be best to add it back to the Buyer's Guide if it's really plug and play? Who's the person to contact that's responsible for managing the Buyer's Guide?

It would simplify things for us newbies and avoid us making costly mistakes. Right now info on wifi/bt is scattered in a myriad threads and it's very hard to get a coherent picture of the tradeoffs that you get by going via the reconditioned mac card + adapter route (older chipsets and slow transfer speeds perhaps?) vs a modern all-in-one PCIe solution (no OOB, tweaking needed?)...

Also, the currently recommended card in the guide (TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900) doesn't have bluetooth and that should corrected.

Thanks for this great site!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back