i9-14900K
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a fully functional build under Mojave 10.14.4 (Gigabyte Z390M Gaming + i5 8600K + RX580).
To finalize it and benefit from the handoff/continuity services, I added a Fenvi FV-T919 wifi/bt broadcom-based card (it took 3 weeks for the card to come from china). As BT is going through USB, I have created a specific USB SSDT adapted to my configuration (and consequently deactivated the USB port limit removal). I was thereore not expecting major BT problems with this card as some time reported:
And it is here that the things get very weird:
After physical installation, the card seem to be correctly detected as visible in the BIOS (In peripherals > Plug-in device Info, I can see that the second PCIe x1 slot is indeed occupied). But when I boot on Mojave, Bluetooth is correctly detected but I dont get any Wifi in the Network panel!
If I boot now on a Windows disk (different form the Mojave disk that I disconnected before), same problem: no Wifi but BT is there and working, suggesting that the problem doesnt seem to be related to Mojave.
Conversely if I add on the very same PCIe 1x slot my old TP-link TL-WN881ND wifi (only) card (from my current Hackintosh build GA-Z97M-DS3H+i7-4790K+GTX970 under HighSierra 10.13.6), I have operational Wifi in both Windows 10 and in Mojave, suggesting that the PCIe x1 slot (slot 3 in thi motherboard) is not faulty.
Finally if I use the Fenvi card in my current hackintosh (see above), both wifi and BT work like a charm. Same thing under Windows 10!
The only conclusion for my little brain is that there is apparently here a strict incompatibility between the FV-T919 card and the Gigabyte Z390M-Gaming motherboard!!! or maybe there is a very particular BIOS settings for this motherboard (BTW I have the latest F6 version installed) that I havent yet discovered.
Have you guys experienced similar behavior before? Any other ideas taht I could try before getting another card from a different brand / build?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
1. Disable onboard Wifi/BT
2. Make sure you either (a) don't have a second NVMe drive installed in the bottom slot; or (b) you do not have the bottom x1 slot configured in such a way that it's sharing resources with another device.

@luckyal,
Many thanks for your reply.
I actually have only one M.2 slot occupied with my PCIe NVMe drive (the top one labelled M2Q). I am using the second x1 slot as the first one is "blocked" by the graphic card.
How can we check if PCIe resources are shared, and that this is disabling any of the PCIe slots? Couldnt find anything in the BIOS.
Thank you very much!

PS: I like your avatar :) remind me some of his great movies....

@luckyal,
Many thanks for your reply.
I actually have only one M.2 slot occupied with my PCIe NVMe drive (the top one labelled M2Q). I am using the second x1 slot as the first one is "blocked" by the graphic card.
How can we check if PCIe resources are shared, and that this is disabling any of the PCIe slots? Couldnt find anything in the BIOS.
Thank you very much!

PS: I like your avatar :) remind me some of his great movies....
x1 resources are not shared unless you occupy bottom NVMe slot and change the speed to X4. In that case, you the bottom x1 slot is disabled. See attached pictures.

Attachments

• NVMe Slots BIOS.png
    NVMe Slots BIOS.png
    228 KB · Views: 611
  • NVMe slots.png
    NVMe slots.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 593
OK so I know where the probelm is coming from: it is all due to some settings in the BIOS (version F5) of Platform Power Management. If you enable it you will have 3 items in there that are by default all enabled
  1. PEG ASPM
  2. PCH ASPM
  3. DMI ASPM
In order for the Fenvi card to get recognized by MacOS (and windows) PCH ASPM has to be disabled, the 2 others can stay stay set as enabled it doesn't seem to matter.
All set, now Wifi is fully functional

Last edited:
Thanks for your post!

I am using this same Fenvi FV-919T found on amazon, I had the same issue of Bluetooth working but not wifi. The computer is an older ASUS m51AC. I found the PCI express x16_2 was set to x4, I changed that to x2 and I changed native ASPM to disabled.
After I rebooted the mac found my wifi card and its running!

Thanks for your post!

I am using this same Fenvi FV-919T found on amazon, I had the same issue of Bluetooth working but not wifi. The computer is an older ASUS m51AC. I found the PCI express x16_2 was set to x4, I changed that to x2 and I changed native ASPM to disabled.
After I rebooted the mac found my wifi card and its running!
Hello @Mrjacobarussell
thanks for your post.
Do I understand correctly that if you keep the PCI express lsot set as 4x it would not work even if you would have disabled ASPM?
Did you the fenvi card on a PCIe x1 slot?
thank you

Yes, I found it to be the PCIex16 (set to 4x) that made the card not work. Also, there is no room for it in my slot 1 :( I have a huge video card (Asus r9 290 4gb). I had tried another cheaper wifi/Bluetooth card on amazon that didn't work. I had not realized the second PCIex16 issue until I had returned it for the FV-919T. :(

OK so I know where the probelm is coming from: it is all due to some settings in the BIOS (version F5) of Platform Power Management. If you enable it you will have 3 items in there that are by default all enabled
  1. PEG ASPM
  2. PCH ASPM
  3. DMI ASPM
In order for the Fenvi card to get recognized by MacOS (and windows) PCH ASPM has to be disabled, the 2 others can stay stay set as enabled it doesn't seem to matter.
All set, now Wifi is fully functional
HI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back