Contribute
Register

Fenvi DT92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of purchasing the wireless card that this site recommends. As many of you already know, the link now sends you to purchase the DT92 card from Amazon, since the correct card is out of stock.

Has anyone had any luck with getting it to work in Sierra 10.12.6? If so, how did you do it? The description claims it will work straight out of the box with a Hackintosh.

My card sort of works. It sees networks, but they are constantly changing. I'm unable to see the needed network long enough to connect to it. When it does see the needed network, it has full bars, so I don't think it's a proximity issue.

I haven't tested the card in a PC to see if it's a problem with the card yet. I'll probably do that tonight.

Here is my build in case it is relevant:
i7-7700k
Asrock Z270M Pro4
16 Gb Mushkin Ram
Fenvi DT92
GTX 1050ti
Unibeast install
Multibeast

My card sort of works. It sees networks, but they are constantly changing. I'm unable to see the needed network long enough to connect to it. When it does see the needed network, it has full bars, so I don't think it's a proximity issue.

Don't make the mistake I did, fight it for months on end.

Send it back while you can and look for one that is listed here as working, I am currently doing the same.

I installed Windows 10, and it still doesn't work. It sees networks, but it can't connect to any of them.

I'm guessing that the card is defective, and will return it.

I installed Windows 10, and it still doesn't work. It sees networks, but it can't connect to any of them.

I'm guessing that the card is defective, and will return it.

I was recommended to get a actual apple device and an adapter, the adapter I did order probably isn't going to match up with the card as far as mounting, but it can be made to work since it was the only one available.

I think you may find this helpful at the very least.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/need-wireless-ac-advice.231416/#post-1578183

I ended up getting the TL-Link Archer T9E. It seems to be working okay. I didn't have to do anything to make it work in OSX 10.12.6.

It doesn't pick up 5G networks in Windows 10 for some reason, though. From what I've read this card sucks on Windows 10, but at least it is working well on OSX. (2.4G and 5G)

UPDATE:

The TL-Link Archer T9E only works half of the time. Basically, I have about a 50% chance of it working in Sierra 10.12.6, and about a 75% chance of it working in Windows 10. Sometimes restarting fixes the issue, but not always. For instance, I restarted Sierra 3 times this morning trying to get it to work, but it never did. I eventually gave up and booted Windows 10 to use the internet.

When using the card with Windows 10, it can never connect to 5G networks. When using the card in Sierra, it connects to 5G only half of the time, despite having full signal.

Not sure what to do next... maybe I'll try one of the Fenvi cards from Aliexpress or a card from Osxwifi.ocm.

I found that comparing the
About This Mac > System Report > Network > Wi-Fi > Supported Channels​
to the wireless router default channels helps. I had to change my 5GHz default channel to one that was compatible with the wireless card. Try it.

BTW, I have one each of the Wireless cards in the Buyer's Guide. All work OOB for me after the adjustment mentioned above.

BTW2, we've complained to Amazon about, when the Fenvi T919 is out of stock, being diverted to another inappropriate wireless card. Unfortunately, we've been ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back