Contribute
Register

felbo's Build: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 - i7 12700K - AMD RX 580

Thanks for the info. Nice job in documenting the ports!

Do you know if you can use a USB 3 port as only a USB 3 port and eliminate the definition of USB 2 for that port? There are a ton USB 2 ports on the board, and I would like to have all the USB 3 ports functional.

General info on the ITE Super I/O online indicates it can be used for things like serial i/o, temperature sensors, fan sensors, etc. I have not tried to look at those parameters in MacOS on this build yet.

In the About this MAC window, is your processor listed as unknown? Mine is, but I have seen several screen captures online with the proper processor listed. Looking at the config.plist, it looks to be properly setup to show the proper processor name. Only cosmetic, so not really an issue.

I must say it has been easy to get the i7-12700K up and running Mac on this motherboard with your EFI. I would think you would get a lot of folks getting this board and setting it up.

Frank

Do you know if you can use a USB 3 port as only a USB 3 port and eliminate the definition of USB 2 for that port? There are a ton USB 2 ports on the board, and I would like to have all the USB 3 ports functional.
Absolutely. Just dont add the HSxx port.

Thanks for the info. Nice job in documenting the ports!

General info on the ITE Super I/O online indicates it can be used for things like serial i/o, temperature sensors, fan sensors, etc. I have not tried to look at those parameters in MacOS on this build yet.

In the About this MAC window, is your processor listed as unknown? Mine is, but I have seen several screen captures online with the proper processor listed. Looking at the config.plist, it looks to be properly setup to show the proper processor name. Only cosmetic, so not really an issue.

I must say it has been easy to get the i7-12700K up and running Mac on this motherboard with your EFI. I would think you would get a lot of folks getting this board and setting it up.

Frank
Ive read some place, ITE are if you want fancy RGB stuff. I didnt use that port. Yes the processor are in About this Mac. Fill in processor info in Nvram-add
Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 17.28.24.png

Ive read some place, ITE are if you want fancy RGB stuff. I didnt use that port. Yes the processor are in About this Mac. Fill in processor info in Nvram-add View attachment 543373

That is exactly what I have in my config.plist. Strange. I wonder if there are other flag in the config that must be set. I really didn't edit anything in your EFI except add Mac serial number etc.

Frank

That is exactly what I have in my config.plist. Strange. I wonder if there are other flag in the config that must be set. I really didn't edit anything in your EFI except add Mac serial number etc.

Frank
its strange. I really dont know this. Perhaps others have ideas

In case anyone is interested, there is a low cost Bluetooth USB dongle that works with Monterey. It doesn't seem to support continuity and sidecar, but works with Air Pods and a ps4 dual shock 4 game controller I tried. You do need to add BlueToolFixUp.kext (I am using version 2.6.1). On sale for $7.96.

In case anyone is interested, there is a low cost Bluetooth USB dongle that works with Monterey. It doesn't seem to support continuity and sidecar, but works with Air Pods and a ps4 dual shock 4 game controller I tried. You do need to add BlueToolFixUp.kext (I am using version 2.6.1). On sale for $7.96.

In the Amazon description, you have the following:
"【High Compatibility】Computer network adapter support 32bit/64bit Win 10/8/7/ Vista and XP,enables PC or laptop to connect bluetooth-enabled devices, like smartphones, mouse,speakers,headsets.Not work with Mac OS,Car stereo systems or TVs"​

However, the Buyer's Guide has a list of compatible Bluethooth USB dongles. See
I've used the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter in the past, and it's fully macOS compatible even though the Amazon description states it's not compatible with macOS.

Note: If a description states it's not compatible with macOS, chances are it's referring to macOS Monterey 12.0 which has Bluetooth problems. Monterey 12.1 and newer fixed the Bluetooth problem.

Hi felbo,
You are great!! Thanks for the EFI. It's work so good for me. Very easily done.
My Geekbench Multi-Core Score as like yours 13,216.
But I am running i9-12900k. And I was expecting my Geekbench Multi-Core Score should like 18,000 or more.
Do I need to change anything to get the full performance of my cpu i9-12900k?
12900k.jpg

Hi felbo,
You are great!! Thanks for the EFI. It's work so good for me. Very easily done.
My Geekbench Multi-Core Score as like yours 13,216.
But I am running i9-12900k. And I was expecting my Geekbench Multi-Core Score should like 18,000 or more.
Do I need to change anything to get the full performance of my cpu i9-12900k?

Thank you for nice words, im glad you get the build up. Well I dont know how to get 18.000 multi-core, perhaps faster ram?. Smbios Mac Pro 7.1? My EFI are an starting point. Others have not exactly same ram, GPU etc so they have to modify themselvs. Check golden build Z690 threads and see what you can find

update 12.3, no problems

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 10.53.36.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 10.53.36.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 85
Back