Contribute
Register

Feeling pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on you, Gothic! Another Fossil club member about to enter his 8th decade here. Shut down the university's IBM360 in the late '60's and hacked it to get 60 seconds of CPU time on a 5 second job card; patched my Apple II OS to improve it in the late 70's - hey, they gave you an assembly language listing of it; and haven't stopped hacking since. Those were the days. Getting OpenCore working was a brain enhancing experience as the Vanilla Guide didn't work - had to read the entire OC Configuration Guide and test various config settings. Once OC was working with Catalina the Big Sur install was easy. Change is good. The way I see it, the day I wake up and don't see anything changing is the day I'm no longer alive.

Oh Man look at what we have started!!!!! :thumbup:

Oh Man look at what we have started!!!!! :thumbup:
I have to admit that I am a little surprised at how many 'less young' people there are here, pleasantly surprised mind.
I find now that it's a good way to keep mentally active, giving myself a goal and then that wonderful sense of achievement.
When I started though, it was because I was so fed up with those damned blue screens!! (I do love messing with my hardware :rolleyes: ) so I dipped my toes into Linux and then, by accident, found this site and whoa....... since I found a stable environment of the hardware and good chameleon (then clover now Opencore) configuration I've never looked back and can count the number of crashes on one hand.

I have to admit that I am a little surprised at how many 'less young' people there are here, pleasantly surprised mind.
I'm also surprised - confirmation of that old New Yorker cartoon: "On the Internet, no one knows you are a dog." On hackintosh boards, no one knows you are an old geezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back