7. LC
  8. Plus
  9. Portable
  10. Power Mac
  11. PowerBook
  12. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How about the ability to search within a given thread? Or a given section? In other words, wherever you are on the site, a "Search within here" field would be extremely useful.

[EDIT] That would include, if possible, searching within my posts, when in that section.

This seems to me like an essential feature yet unavailable. Essential when you want to reply within a thread to find beforehand whether it was already covered.

For instance, before creating this thread under "Site Suggestions", I wanted to know whether there was another thread talking about "Search" within "Site Suggestions". But if I searched for "Search" on Tonymac, I would get 82,000 hopeless results. I tried to get a bit smarter with advanced search but didn't get anywhere.

I hope this is technically possible.

Thanks for considering it.

Agree would be fantastic. Many thanks for all the goodness around here by the way.

You can search in different sections already.

search.png

@ Archangeliques,

That looks like it is what we seek but I find that it just finds other threads even if I select "this thread". Perhaps it's borken?

That looks like it is what we seek but I find that it just finds other threads even if I select "this thread". Perhaps it's borken?

Scroll down to see the forum search results. The ones on top comes from google and they are not filtered.

I'm still wondering how to get the actual message referenced in a search result.
For instance, right now I'm trying to troubleshoot the ol' "drives ejected upon wake" issue on a CaseySJ "Gigabyte Designare Z390 - i7-9700K - UHD 630 - AMD RX 580" Golden Build. [I've now built 2 of these.]

One search result (below) is exactly what I want, but when I click on it... it takes me to the very TOP of CaseySJ's build thread (the whole instructive process), NOT to the very message mentioned in the search result.

Example:
[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + ...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/.../success-gigabyte-designare-z390- thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/
Dec 16, 2018 ... ADATA SX8200 NVMe PCIe x4 v1.3 240GB SSD - Used for OS and Apps ... returned to a chorus of 30 "disk not ejected" warnings upon wake.

Selecting that simply takes me to top of thread, and copy/pasting that URL gives me a "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access this resource" result.

What am I missing here??
because the link you copied:
Code:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/.../success-gigabyte-designare-z390-

is not valid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back