Motherboard
DELL Inspiron 5370
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am not sure if there are others who would want this feature on their Synaptics trackpads, but perhaps @RehabMan could give it a thought !!!

I am not sure if there are others who would want this feature on their Synaptics trackpads, but perhaps @RehabMan could give it a thought !!!

I don't have any such plans. Most PS2 trackpads are too small for three finger gestures, and the firmware does not support it very well.

I don't have any such plans. Most PS2 trackpads are too small for three finger gestures, and the firmware does not support it very well.

The Inspiron 5370 trackpad is about 80% of the length and 50% of the width of the Magic Trackpad version 1.

Having said that, it is not nearly as smooth. But what is the best way to drag windows other than Click+Hold and drag? Is there anything that could be done to do away with the Click+keep Holding bit?

But what is the best way to drag windows other than Click+Hold and drag?
Double tap to select and then drag without releasing finger. Enable dragging without drag lock in System Prefs > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad.
Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 5.21.04 PM.png

The Inspiron 5370 trackpad is about 80% of the length and 50% of the width of the Magic Trackpad version 1.

Having said that, it is not nearly as smooth. But what is the best way to drag windows other than Click+Hold and drag? Is there anything that could be done to do away with the Click+keep Holding bit?

Double tap + "drag as needed" works within 1-sec timeout with correct settings in SysPrefs->Accessibility.

Thanks @RehabMan, and @black.dragon74, but the my experience with this DELL Synaptics trackpad is that the response is a bit erratic. I mean it works 2 out of 10 times. Also in order for this to work the tapping needs to be done in a way such that the finger tip does a hard landing following by a very short skid. @RehabMan, could you please look into this in the next release, I'll be happy to test.

Thanks @RehabMan, and @black.dragon74, but the my experience with this DELL Synaptics trackpad is that the response is a bit erratic. I mean it works 2 out of 10 times. Also in order for this to work the tapping needs to be done in a way such that the finger tip does a hard landing following by a very short skid. @RehabMan, could you please look into this in the next release, I'll be happy to test.

The drag remains active for one second even if you lift the finger after the double tap.

No plans for three finger drag. Three finger is already assigned to swipes.
The source is on github if you wish to attempt to implement it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back