Contribute
Register

FCPX on Probook 4530s Core i5? (BIG YOUTUBE PARTNER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Everyone,

I managed to snag a core i5 500g HD Hp probook 4530s for $475 USD.(is this a good price?)

It has not shipped yet but I plan to use it for editing my youtube videos on the go using Final Cut Pro X. (I AM A BIG YOUTUBER WITH 11Million Views, my channel is youtube.com/techmaster8 if anyone wants to know.)

My question is this:

Will I be able to edit 1080p footage with decent or OK performance on FCPX on the probook? I know I won't be able to see 1080p since the screen is not 1080p. I have an imac at home i use for editing but I would like to edit on the go too. Has anyone tried this? Or should I return it and save up for a macbook pro? Remember, i do not expect the performance to be anywhere near like on my iMac.

Thank You,
Jose

EDIT: After receiving my Probook, I tried FCPX and it worked perfectly. I was blown away by the performance. So if anybody was wondering, the i5 version of the 4530s can absolutely crunch through any 1080p video. Exporting is a bit slow, but I think an SSD would help for that.

Hello Everyone,

I managed to snag a core i5 500g HD Hp probook 4530s for $475 USD.(is this a good price?)

It has not shipped yet but I plan to use it for editing my youtube videos on the go using Final Cut Pro X. (I AM A BIG YOUTUBER WITH 11Million Views, my channel is youtube.com/techmaster8 if anyone wants to know.)

My question is this:

Will I be able to edit 1080p footage with decent or OK performance on FCPX on the probook? I know I won't be able to see 1080p since the screen is not 1080p. I have an imac at home i use for editing but I would like to edit on the go too. Has anyone tried this? Or should I return it and save up for a macbook pro? Remember, i do not expect the performance to be anywhere near like on my iMac.

Thank You,
Jose

as long as you follow the guide without any funny side business, can expect to have a pretty awesome system. if you want multi boot, w7/8, linux, use rehabmans guide he posted. you can diy upgrade the screen afaik. maybe you could swap the hdd for ssd, or use both, via dvd slot. and pop 16 gb, 2x8gb sticks into it.

after that, you might wanna hand me down your iMac

report back on how your hack goes.

as long as you follow the guide without any funny side business, can expect to have a pretty awesome system. if you want multi boot, w7/8, linux, use rehabmans guide he posted. you can diy upgrade the screen afaik. maybe you could swap the hdd for ssd, or use both, via dvd slot. and pop 16 gb, 2x8gb sticks into it.

after that, you might wanna hand me down your iMac

report back on how your hack goes.
Hey thanks. I will definitely add an ssd to boot from and put the regular hdd on the optical bay.

Quick question: Do I really need 16G of ram. The probook I have already has 8g. My imac has 8g and I have never maxed it out even when editing 1080p vids. Does the system prevent the computer from maxing out the 8g which would explain why I never see it maxed out in the activity monitor? Will 16G really make a difference compared to 8g?

Hey thanks. I will definitely add an ssd to boot from and put the regular hdd on the optical bay.

Quick question: Do I really need 16G of ram. The probook I have already has 8g. My imac has 8g and I have never maxed it out even when editing 1080p vids. Does the system prevent the computer from maxing out the 8g which would explain why I never see it maxed out in the activity monitor? Will 16G really make a difference compared to 8g?

yeh 16gb is overkill. but why not? use fcpx for mastering 1080p blu ray stuff. the only road bumps are no thunderbolt and usb3 is not stable. backup 300gb of video edits each session usb2/lan/wlan, is enough time to go away for a long lunch.

Hi!

FCPX runs smoothly, with 8 gigs is enought.
But if you use Adobe Premiere & After Effects, with 8gb isn't enought. I can fill up my 8 gigs quickly - rendering, preview files...
Gonna upgrade to 16gb asap. :)
Sry 4 my english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back