Contribute
Register

FCPX Crash on Launch (Mojave 10.14.1 + RX 580 + i7 6700K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I had upgraded to Mojave the other day, but have noticed an issue where FCPX crashes on launch. I had noticed Mojave installed some Pro Format update when I first updated, as well as an update for FCPX. Are these likely the causes? Are there any config settings or kexts I should be wary of that could also be causing this?

FULL SPECS
CPU: Intel - Core i7-6700K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX
GPU: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB NITRO+

I have attached the FCP crash file.

Attachments

• Final Cut Pro_2018-11-17-005121_Adams-iMac.txt
    108.6 KB · Views: 382
Ah good consideration, I'm fairly inexperienced so there's a chance this could be a bit messy or have some bloat or missing items.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.28.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.28.24 AM.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 333
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.28.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.28.10 AM.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 394
Just noticed, after updating to watevergreen kext (oct 2018) FCPX crashed after loading library . Switching back to July 2018 solved the issue.

Hello! I had upgraded to Mojave the other day, but have noticed an issue where FCPX crashes on launch. I had noticed Mojave installed some Pro Format update when I first updated, as well as an update for FCPX. Are these likely the causes? Are there any config settings or kexts I should be wary of that could also be causing this?

FULL SPECS
CPU: Intel - Core i7-6700K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX
GPU: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB NITRO+

I have attached the FCP crash file.
Did you solve the problem?

I have almost the same configuration and the same problem. In your case, I think uncheck "Inject Intel" would help.

Hi, i think i have the awnser for you : To Fix FCPX Crash When Using Intel and GPU AMD or NVIDIA Dual.

1) Install with the Last Multibeast (For 10.14.4, please use Multibeast 11.1.0)

2) Select in Graphics the Patch AKA WhatEvergreen and Only That !!!!

3) Open your Clover Config file with Clover Configurator

4) In Graphics section, you have to choose the IntelChipsetVGA for your Motherboard(CPU)

5) In the Menu Choose from ig-plateform-id (For me in example it's 19120001, i have a Skylake CPU HD530)

6) Now you have to Patch the GFX from Acpi section

6) In List of patch Select GFX0 to IGPU

6) Save and Reboot that All

I Run HD530 and AMD Saphire 580 in Dual, and Get FCPX and quicksync PERFECT and FAST.

in my clover configurator I don't have any option with "IntelChipsetVGA" where can I find this???

i Made anything but still this ******** won't start im so frustrated right now a day before it worked perfectly and now this ********.

i Made anything but still this ******** won't start im so frustrated right now a day before it worked perfectly and now this ********.
I solved the same problem.
Try to delete folder: /Users/LucaPlays/Movies/Final Cut Backups.

If it not helps, then see solve here:

Hi, i think i have the awnser for you : To Fix FCPX Crash When Using Intel and GPU AMD or NVIDIA Dual.

1) Install with the Last Multibeast (For 10.14.4, please use Multibeast 11.1.0)

2) Select in Graphics the Patch AKA WhatEvergreen and Only That !!!!

3) Open your Clover Config file with Clover Configurator

4) In Graphics section, you have to choose the IntelChipsetVGA for your Motherboard(CPU)

5) In the Menu Choose from ig-plateform-id (For me in example it's 19120001, i have a Skylake CPU HD530)

6) Now you have to Patch the GFX from Acpi section

6) In List of patch Select GFX0 to IGPU

6) Save and Reboot that All

I Run HD530 and AMD Saphire 580 in Dual, and Get FCPX and quicksync PERFECT and FAST.

I had the same issue, Z270X-UD5 6700K i7 (530 graphics) SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Thank you, working perfect now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back