Contribute
Register

Favourite Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting findings - especially the 'deeper' research into Mac-ness etc. Great screengrabs too:thumbup:

I differ in my conclusion though - I'm firmly macOS. I like to try other things and have a few SSDs and HDDs with various OS's on them, but always come back to Mac. I even have some older macOS's though they don't run on the latest motherboard/CPU combos.

Linux is undoubtedly a good system, but I don't like the apt-get type of thing where installers go online willy-nilly to find dependancies and such. How is that a secure thing?

:)

Arch/Mate/BTRFS

I'm not interested in making Linux look like Mac and Windows I prefer it to look like Linux.

Glad to see we have some Linux users here (been awhile since I checked in...)

I'm a fan of Linux Mint (19, MATE) myself.

On my other computer, it has allowed me to run a couple of absolutely ancient Minolta Dimage Scan Dual film scanners, simultaneously using two instances of VueScan running at the same time.

(Yes, I probably could find a newer USB scanner that would work on the Mac side, but 1) Both these scanners were free, 2) I have a ton of old negatives I'm trying to scan, running two at once is a real time saver, and 3) Not sure how much use I'd have for said new scanner once I finish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back