Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Fata1ity Z270 Gaming ITX
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
WX5100
Can a faulty power supply lead to random freezes or Shut Down not working properly? Im curious because I believe I should have a stable build( aside from USB SSDT creation) and I get random freezes and PC won't shut down properly. The power supply is a refurbished one I had laying around. It is an 80+ rated. Yes, I know, REFURBISHED:eek:. I just wanna make sure because if it could be, Im moving my build to another case and power supply. Any input would be appreciated. Thx.

My experience with a faulty power supply was that the computer would just reboot. Boom, and down. No "freeze" or "shut down" just an immediate reboot. Sort of what a bad MB would do.

Now, a CMOS BIOS reset is a different beast. Does your MB have two BIOS options? If so, use the second BIOS and see if that one resets also. My HERO has two BIOS's and a switch to choose between the two. I keep them synchronized with the same settings.

Can a faulty power supply lead to random freezes or Shut Down not working properly? Im curious because I believe I should have a stable build( aside from USB SSDT creation) and I get random freezes and PC won't shut down properly. The power supply is a refurbished one I had laying around. It is an 80+ rated. Yes, I know, REFURBISHED:eek:. I just wanna make sure because if it could be, Im moving my build to another case and power supply. Any input would be appreciated. Thx.

In my experience macOS/OS X is the same as Linux with a Faulty PSU causes Kernel Related Kernel Panics. can also cause the system to freeze up or Power Down or instant reboots. I wouldn't go with a Refurbished PSU. Which PSU is it?

It is a FSP 220W 80+ Power Supply. I had it laying around. I think Im gonna get another PSU. Ill probably buy a Sparkle Power 250W 80 Bronze. I have this brand in my current build and works great. My builds are SFF. I need a flex or 1U PSU.

A 220W PS is a little small.... The i5-6500 uses 65W by itself. The video is 40W. add to that a HD, case fans, CD ROMs USB Power... well I think that it's way too small for your new system. You need overhead to handle peaks.

Here is a great deal on a power supply that I got in the mail TODAY. 450W for $11.99 after MIR. Jump on it!
Product.aspx
That is a great deal. Wish I could use it. The PSU that I need needs to be smaller. The PSU that I'm trying to use that is Refurbished is a 220W 80 Plus that is powering an Intel i3-6320, Asus Z170i Pro Gaming ITX, M.2 SSD, 1 2.5" HDD for storage, 2x4GB sticks of DDR4 2400, and a GTX 745 4GB.

My main build has the Intel i5-6500 and is about the same like the other one except it has 16GB DDR4 and has the Quadro P600. It is powered by a 250W 80 Bronze and so far it's doing the job.

Hi there,
since this is a power supply topic, may i just get in?
my hackintosh keeps on rebooting its monitor and i am hearing a very thin clicking sound on PSU.

I am suspecting its a power supply issue, but I just installed a brand new Corsair VS550.
I did replaced my Antec Neo 520 since it has a clicking sound before and got totally didnt started up one time,

so replaced it, but why is it I am having that issue again with a brand new psu?

so sad that this is happening for me, thinking I am about to lose money for replacement.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back