Contribute
Register

"Fatal error occurred" kernel panic; NVME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the AMDX6000 Kexts reside in S/L/E and if I put them in Clover/Kexts/Other would they over ride whats in SLE?

Yeah but the AMDX6000 Kexts reside in S/L/E and if I put them in Clover/Kexts/Other would they over ride whats in SLE?

They way it works is, everything that’s in SLE will boot with the system regardless. Provided you’ve set kext injection to ‘detect’ in clover, it won’t override anything that’s already loaded onto the system. It will skip.

However, as previously mentioned. It’s best to but all USER kexts in ‘Other’, take them out of L/E.

Either way, provided your AMD drivers are in ‘Other’, they will inject when the system boots.

TLDR: Remove all USER kexts from L/E, put them in Other.

Unfortunately the AMD Kexts are too big for efi folder and even if in L/E they get over ruled by SLE.

Too big? A kext? Can you send me your SLE/LE and EFI please.

I think my messages works now
S/L/E and /L/E kexts will be too much to upload

your 3rd party kexts should be in clover

do not install any 3rd party kexts to S/L/E and /L/E

your 3rd party kexts should be in clover

do not install any 3rd party kexts to S/L/E and /L/E

Thanks for reiterating this. I’d like to re-suggest a clean install, don’t touch SLE or LE (don’t install kexts with Kextbeast, Hackintool etc) and put all your user additions in Other

Thanks for reiterating this. I’d like to re-suggest a clean install, don’t touch SLE or LE (don’t install kexts with Kextbeast, Hackintool etc) and put all your user additions in Other
yes, sorry, just saw a few more posts :)

Re-Install won’t work. I already tried to install 15.4 twice. Just need to understand how to install 15.2 graphic Kexts onto 15.4. If it’s even possible. As I understand the Kexts in SLE are read only. Tried to delete them via recovery terminal but not work. If I can’t get past this will either update to 15.5 beta, go back to 15.2, or try to problem solve if this is a framebuffer configuration issue.

Thanks

As I understand the Kexts in SLE are read only.

Thanks

Download Hackintool and click this option.

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 20.17.37.png

Still recommend a vanilla install though, see it through until you can boot

In process of installing 15.5 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back