Contribute
Register

"Fatal error occurred" kernel panic; NVME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the board and processor have integrated graphics. Will fix bio. Swear I had done so before. Why my signature not showing - just updated it and not showing..

Last edited:
Any thing special I have to do to config.plist to boot from igpu?

Ok. Been running off of the igpu for about almost an hour and no crashes. Everything pretty much works
except mouse is a little jerky. So this in my mind proves its the 5700 XT and probably a framebuffer issue
which is above my head in understanding how to fix.

Thanks

Yup yup, I'd scour the forum to see people facing issues with their 5700 XT on this edition of macOS

After some research I found out this is a common issue. Going to try to copy the AMD kexts from 15.2 over into S/L/E and see what happens.

After some research I found out this is a common issue. Going to try to copy the AMD kexts from 15.2 over into S/L/E and see what happens.

I'd really advise you put user kexts into 'EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other', this is currently the standard for Catalina

EDIT: In fact, that pretty much made my system functional again. It's the little things.

Yes but these arent typical user kexts and not meant to replace library\extension kexts.

As pointed out on the Catalina workarounds pinned thread:

Note: Since the latest hackintosh development, now i do also recommend keeping kexts:
EFI/Clover/kexts/Other instead of installing them into the system as this keeps system integrity and avoids problems.
If a specific kext that you added causes trouble, you can simply drop it within the clover boot menu and as soon as you boot back into system, you can mount your EFI and delete it.

Your L/E should be pretty much what you get after stock. I've attached a picture of mine.
Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 22.40.40.png

Inject user kexts on boot using clover.
Can you please have a look at that thread to ensure you've tried other troubleshooting steps for Catalina.

Let me know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back