Contribute
Register

Fast kernel panic after Sierra update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help.

Current boot args are: dart=0 nv_disable=1

If I boot with -v dart=0 -x, then it fails almost immediately with the following text:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Using Safe Mode
Error allocating 0x16aa pages at 0x0000000000c7b000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0xe)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Thanks for the help.

Current boot args are: dart=0 nv_disable=1

If I boot with -v dart=0 -x, then it fails almost immediately with the following text:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
Using Safe Mode
Error allocating 0x16aa pages at 0x0000000000c7b000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0xe)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...
I don't have nvdia GTX 760 video card.
I thought nvidiaGTX 760 has native mac support. Does it need Web drivers? If it does not , just remove nv_disable boot flag and boot with dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v and see.

I don't have nvdia GTX 760 video card.
I thought nvidiaGTX 760 has native mac support. Does it need Web drivers? If it does not , just remove nv_disable boot flag and boot with dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v and see.

I've removed the nvidia card from its PCI slot and have the monitor plugged into the motherboard's DVI output, to simplify things. I tried booting with dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v, and it prints out a bunch of text, then pauses for a long time, and then prints:

busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired

It hangs there for several minutes, then it prints a couple more lines to the screen that only stay there for a tenth of a second (so I missed them) and finally goes to the gray screen with the spinning beach ball forever.

Attachments

• 20170402_122359.jpg
    20170402_122359.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 143
Also tried reinstalling the nvidia card, and booting with same args, and got the same result.

I've removed the nvidia card from its PCI slot and have the monitor plugged into the motherboard's DVI output, to simplify things. I tried booting with dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -v, and it prints out a bunch of text, then pauses for a long time, and then prints:

It hangs there for several minutes, then it prints a couple more lines to the screen that only stay there for a tenth of a second (so I missed them) and finally goes to the gray screen with the spinning beach ball forever.
Your IGFX is Intel HD 4600.
For Intel HD 4600 to work in macOSSierra, requires a bit of clover editing and some file installation.
RehabMan's Guide has everything you need to know; You can find that here:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/
If you are interested , I will try to help you based entirely on that excellent guide. You should upload to this Forum your current "CLOVER" folder from the "macOS Sierra USB installer" for review. The upload must be a zipped file after removing the contents of its "themes" folder to make the upload a smaller file.

In my GA-Z97X-UD3H + Intel i5 system I did not want to spend time playing with a Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD (GTX 660) and went for VisionTek Radeon 7750 SFF 1GB instead. It worked OOB. I don't know your Video requirement and not suggesting that. I don't use it as gaming computer or for high end video editing.

What is making you think this is a graphics card problem? I get the same result regardless of whether I use the integrated Intel HD 4600 or the Nvidia GTX760...

What is making you think this is a graphics card problem? I get the same result regardless of whether I use the integrated Intel HD 4600 or the Nvidia GTX760...

If you are using your Nvidia GTX 760 , DO NOT disable it by the flag nv_disable=1. This Card is supported by Apple and does not need any special input from us for it to be recognized by macOSSierra. I had posted the boot flags to be used to boot with the PCIE card GTX 760 in #12

For reasons unknown to me, you removed it and booted with Integrated Intel HD and had another boot failure.

Your Integrated Intel HD 4600 won't work in macOS Sierra without some tweaks. You need to install modified kexts and give it a different ID to be recognized and installed. Please read the reference I gave if you want to use the Integrated Intel.

I think I've encountered this. But have you tried waiting for it to load? When you created your macOS USB did you select UEFI? try to create another installer with UEFI that might help. If not I'm sorry man

Yup, it's UEFI. Nvidia card is reinstalled now. Just can't get past that spinning beach ball screen. I've let it sit for at least 30 minutes and it never goes past that screen.

lol that is the worst website I've ever seen, don't click on that link. I was able to get much further in the process by using the newest version of Unibeast and creating a new USB stick from scratch.

Thats good then, i just went there to get the USB Installer coz i cant make Unibeast to work on my build. Alright then so goodluck to your build man hope you can make it work. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back