Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

Thanks. No point in doing it at all, then.
ok

standard issue, my laptop has intel graphics and nvidia optimus, i use the intel graphics and disable nvidia via hotpatching

better power consumption etc

ok

standard issue, my laptop has intel graphics and nvidia optimus, i use the intel graphics and disable nvidia via hotpatching

better power consumption etc

Okay for regular usage, but not useful for the video editing and streaming I need this for. I don't have the option of making a desktop instead. It's a shame.

As @RehabMan mentioned to avoid installing logitech mouse driver, but I need to install Logitech Options Software to enable Logtiech flow for using 2 computers, how do I know if the software interfere with my bluetooth or not? Mine is BCM94352HMB.
If it does, then how do I fix it? Does merely uninstalling the driver help?
Thank you

RehabMan, I hear you are an expert with getting the Intel HD 530 mobile IGPU to work on laptop? I am using latest Catalina 10.15.4 but have had no luck. Via Hakintool, I see two frame buffer patches for mobile HD 530 but have had no luck. System still shows “Display 8 MB” every time.
RehabMan has not been on these forums for about a year now. Are you using whatevergreen kext? That alone should fix your igpu without using any patches. You're looking at an old outdated guide.

I have a problem. I have installed El capitan on my lenovo 3 years ago about. Everything ok, but i didn't followed the efibootmgr steps with Linux, so, after each win update, i rename efibootmgr. Now, after so many time, i choose to do Linux steps, so i did it, but i understand that i should do only the first step, without -o argument step. Now my laptop is stucked. When i star clover, i have only 5 sec. to choose a drive, otherwise it freeze. Sometime it freeze before yet. I can't run Linux from USB, because if i boot from usb, it stuck after 5 sec that i power on the laptop. In config.plist there isn't a Default Volume Voice, so i add:
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>El Capitan HDD</string> (my drive's name).
But i have the same problem yet. So what can i do? I can't boot Linux, and i have this problems for boot Win and OSX.
I tried also with UUID of OSX, founded with spacebar in clover, but no successo. Linux doesn't start. If i click some thing in clover, it freeze, only sometimes it boot osx. Also with - 1 timeout, it freeze on each option that i select or if i click some thing.

What should I do?
First thing, don't post for help in a FAQ. Start by putting your detailed hardware specs in your profile. Then start a new thread of your own in laptop support for the version of macOS you want to install.

Hi, install High Sierra from Hackintosh I'm on a Lenovo IdeaPad lenovo 100 14iby core i3 Brodwell laptop, Intel HD 5500 Graphics. I am aware that the Wifi driver is not supported. Could someone help me to follow my installation guide or provide me with the information on how to configure Clover correctly, everything is already installed, only I cannot find a suitable model for mac and how to make the graphics 100% functional, like the cable internet.

I would appreciate a lot, sorry for my bad English. :)

Hi, install High Sierra from Hackintosh I'm on a Lenovo IdeaPad lenovo 100 14iby core i3 Brodwell laptop, Intel HD 5500 Graphics. I am aware that the Wifi driver is not supported. Could someone help me to follow my installation guide or provide me with the information on how to configure Clover correctly, everything is already installed, only I cannot find a suitable model for mac and how to make the graphics 100% functional, like the cable internet.
Start a new thread of your own in laptop support for the version of macOS you want to install. This is a FAQ only.

Screen_Shot_5.jpg

Back