Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

The profile has 3 fields which are visible with each post you make. The three fields should be filled out as follows:
Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768
Can you please check if my profile is correct?

Based on the FAQ I'm about to order a "bcm94352hmb" to install in my HP EliteBook 850 G1 but cannot really find if this 850 G1 has a build-in BIOS Wifi whitelist. Anyone already ordered such a card (like e.g. AzureWave AW-CE123H) and installed it in a 850 G1?

Is this working or not?

Based on the FAQ I'm about to order a "bcm94352hmb" to install in my HP EliteBook 850 G1 but cannot really find if this 850 G1 has a build-in BIOS Wifi whitelist. Anyone already ordered such a card (like e.g. AzureWave AW-CE123H) and installed it in a 850 G1?

Is this working or not?

It is likely your laptop DOES NOT implement a WiFI whitelist.
You will find out for sure when you install the new WiFI card.

It is likely your laptop DOES NOT implement a WiFI whitelist.
You will find out for sure when you install the new WiFI card.
Just to let everyone know that the EliteBook 850 G1 is NOT having a wifi whitelist in its BIOS. Found an older Acer laptop I still had and this one had a Broadcom a/b/g/n wifi card: inserted this into the G1 and now my Mojave is connecting at around 100 mbps over wifi.

Time to order a bcm94352hmb to go up to 200 mbps ;-)

Edit: the "bcm94352hmb" (AzureWave AW-CE123H) arrived today: installed it, booted into Mojave, switched to my 5ghz network: instant speed increase up to 198 mbps (Asus RT router) :cool:

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know that the EliteBook 850 G1 is NOT having a wifi whitelist in its BIOS.

Correct.
Documented in the guide:

Hi
First post (hoping its in the right place), and firstly many thanks, fully appreciate all the amazing work you are doing.

I managed to restore macOS HS from TM and can boot to it from clover.

When booting from USB display is all fine but from SSD the display of browser starts to flicker and move about with the mouse. LogicPro as as flickers when playing. As I say no such flicker when booting from USB (but no sound of course).

Display is Samsung Syncmaster. Would also like to have dual display to Philips 234V.

Sound works.

Would be great to find a solution for bluetooth. Mic? would amazing.

Thanks for all your help. All files attached.

I don't have the following:

ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/.zml >> kextstats

ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/.zml: No such file or directory

Attachments

• rehabman.zip
    63.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Library_Extensions.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 159
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 206
  • corruptedbrowserscreens.png
    corruptedbrowserscreens.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 152
  • MacNUC.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 206
  • kextstats.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 195
Hi
First post (hoping its in the right place), and firstly many thanks, fully appreciate all the amazing work you are doing.

I managed to restore macOS HS from TM and can boot to it from clover.

When booting from USB display is all fine but from SSD the display of browser starts to flicker and move about with the mouse. LogicPro as as flickers when playing. As I say no such flicker when booting from USB (but no sound of course).

Display is Samsung Syncmaster. Would also like to have dual display to Philips 234V.

Sound works.

Would be great to find a solution for bluetooth. Mic? would amazing.

Thanks for all your help. All files attached.

I don't have the following:

ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/.zml >> kextstats

ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/.zml: No such file or directory
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi here we are - many thanks.

Attachments

• debug_338.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 179
Back