Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

Hi!

I'm having issues on my Hackbook Pro (see signature) with dragging and dropping and and right clicking as well as with controlling menu's or software with click and holding like one would normally do.

This is regardless of whether I use my magic mouse or the track pad. I upgraded to the latest version of the VoodooPS2 Kext and nothing changed thought, when I first logged in after I restarted my machine it appeared as if the issue had been solved. I'm attaching the problem reporting files as well.

Hi!

I'm having issues on my Hackbook Pro (see signature) with dragging and dropping and and right clicking as well as with controlling menu's or software with click and holding like one would normally do.

This is regardless of whether I use my magic mouse or the track pad. I upgraded to the latest version of the VoodooPS2 Kext and nothing changed thought, when I first logged in after I restarted my machine it appeared as if the issue had been solved. I'm attaching the problem reporting files as well.

Off-topic here.

Open a separate thread. Be sure to fill out your profile as per FAQ. And attach required "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

IMG_4968.PNG
I dont know if you'll read... but thats the message displayed before computer restarts. I cant reach installer. It displays fast but i tried to take a picture from it

RehabMan, just a few questions about error reporting. First of all, i can boot to the desktop but only with the usb installer still plugged in. I am actually on the machine as i write this as i also have my NIC functioning. my first question is, when you say can't boot, does that mean that i can't boot to the desktop at all or just that i can't boot without the usb installer plugged in? next question is about attaching the EFI/Clover folder. do you want me to attach the EFI/Clover folder that is on the usb installer? or the one that is on the hard drive of my laptop? I've attached the one from the USB installer. I haven't figured out the last terminal request yet. this one
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
when i execute the command it just asks for my password then a few minutes later it goes back the prompt without any output.

so as you can see, it doesn't get very far in the boot process. any help is greatly appreciated. i hope i have provided enough information.

I've been reading through these posts since around november of last year. I got this laptop almost for free so i decided to give it a try. i have a successful desktop build but it was much much easier as you know. when i built the desktop up el cap had just come out.

IMG_0052.JPG

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 113
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • Jimi’s MacBook Pro.zip
    423.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Untitled.zip
    1 KB · Views: 104
RehabMan, just a few questions about error reporting. First of all, i can boot to the desktop but only with the usb installer still plugged in. I am actually on the machine as i write this as i also have my NIC functioning. my first question is, when you say can't boot, does that mean that i can't boot to the desktop at all or just that i can't boot without the usb installer plugged in? next question is about attaching the EFI/Clover folder. do you want me to attach the EFI/Clover folder that is on the usb installer? or the one that is on the hard drive of my laptop? I've attached the one from the USB installer. I haven't figured out the last terminal request yet. this one
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
when i execute the command it just asks for my password then a few minutes later it goes back the prompt without any output.

so as you can see, it doesn't get very far in the boot process. any help is greatly appreciated. i hope i have provided enough information.

I've been reading through these posts since around november of last year. I got this laptop almost for free so i decided to give it a try. i have a successful desktop build but it was much much easier as you know. when i built the desktop up el cap had just come out.

View attachment 249844

You need to attach the EFI/Clover that causes the panic.
Although it is pretty clear that your config.plist is wrong... (not on the USB, but on the HDD causing the panic).

Please open a separate thread. The FAQ thread is not for troubleshooting.

You need to attach the EFI/Clover that causes the panic.
Although it is pretty clear that your config.plist is wrong... (not on the USB, but on the HDD causing the panic).

Please open a separate thread. The FAQ thread is not for troubleshooting.

Sorry bout that. posted correctly with the correct clover folder.

Sorry bout that. posted correctly with the correct clover folder.

Nothing attached here.
And the EFI/Clover (CLOVER.ZIP) in post #72 does not correspond to the KP image.

Hi there. I have bought a new pc with NVME support and a SSD samsung nvme drive.
I would like to know if i can boot directly with nvme without any ssd or hdd in my pc.
I just read the faq now but it just say of the kexts to install to get nvme work. But currently i can start osx (so clover bootloader) with only an nvme? Thannks!

Back