Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

Ok.
Ok. it Say "
Not if the discrete card is not dedicated (eg. tied to the Intel device).

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches. See the prior question.

If your discrete device (AMD Radeon or Nvidia) is not routed through the Intel GPU, then it is considered dedicated. Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup." so this mean i cani only use the Intel HD Graphics for the hackintosh??
In my desktop One i have a CPU that also have a Intel HD graphics integrate and a Nvidia GTX 960, that is currevtnly working with Nvidia web driver. So in the laptop Nvidia as GPU Will not work??

so this mean i cani only use the Intel HD Graphics for the hackintosh??

Yes.

In my desktop One i have a CPU that also have a Intel HD graphics integrate and a Nvidia GTX 960, that is currevtnly working with Nvidia web driver. So in the laptop Nvidia as GPU Will not work??

Desktops do not use Optimus.

Yes.

Desktops do not use Optimus.
Hmm so Nvidia Cant bè used really?
This is so bad for me. Maybe there is a way more difficult to get this work? or i need to find an Asus Laptop with only Nvidia as Gpu and it Will work?

Hmm so Nvidia Cant bè used really?
This is so bad for me. Maybe there is a way more difficult to get this work? or i need to find an Asus Laptop with only Nvidia as Gpu and it Will work?

As per FAQ, Nvidia can be used if the card is supported and dedicated. But not in an Optimus configuration.

As per FAQ, Nvidia can be used if the card is supported and dedicated. But not in an Optimus configuration.
Ok. I replied in the thread i created forum this.
Thanks

I have a little question. On my laptop I do not have a command key just a strg key. Can I use the strg key as a command key?

I have a little question. On my laptop I do not have a command key just a strg key. Can I use the strg key as a command key?

Alt is mapped to Command in my PS2 driver.

I have a problem where the speaker working
Audio from headphones not working
Tried CodrcCommander but no results
I have to post my EFI clover for this, or u dont need cause its a kext problem?

I have a problem where the speaker working
Audio from headphones not working
Tried CodrcCommander but no results
I have to post my EFI clover for this, or u dont need cause its a kext problem?

Off-topic here. Open a separate thread. Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

Back