Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

You must be using an incorrect SMBIOS.

I'm using the MacbookPro11,1 (core i5/i7 haswell). Is it possible that something is wrong with serial number, that's why I can't download it?

I'm using the MacbookPro11,1 (core i5/i7 haswell). Is it possible that something is wrong with serial number, that's why I can't download it?

MacbookPro11,1 is invalid. Spelling problem... actually should be MacBookPro11,1. But also board-id must be set correctly...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (was FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E. Make sure you read the README as the kexts you install depend on OS X version and installation location.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html (Note: 10.12.x requires the 'fcvo' patch and NOT the 5ghz patch, but the fcvo patch is incorrectly referred to as a 5ghz patch at toleda's guide). The fcvo patch is clearly documented here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Hello, Rehabman!

I just installed my new BCM94352HBM module and tried to set it up in Sierra 10.12.2. According to your and toleda's guides I have implemented the following:

1. Installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to S/L/E

2. Installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to S/L/E

3. Added the fcvo patch:

Code:
Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

4. Added the Handoff/Hotspot patch:

Code:
Comment:Handoff (working)/Hotspot (not tested)
Name: IOBluetoothFamily
Find: 48 85 FF 74 47 48 8B 07
Replace: 41 BE 0F 00 00 00 EB 44

As a result I have a working Wifi and bluetooth 5 Ghz, but all the Continuity features (Handoff, Universal clipboard, Cellular Calls etc) work only "one way" - I can work in Safari (or any other native app) on Mac and continue it on iPhone easily, but not vice versa. Sometimes Handoff icon with Safari appears in the Dock on my Mac when I read something on iPhone, but when I click it - it shows only a blank page, not the one I've been reading on iPhone. Other apps do not appear in the Dock at all. I have read many articles and tried all the things they recommend, such as logging out/in to iCloud on all devices, enabling/disabling BT and rebooting, deleting all tails after Android File Transfer, etc. But no luck.

Also autounlock with Apple Watch doesn't work at all - there's no even such an option in SysPrefs->Security.

Is there any way to fix these problems? I attach my IOreg and Clover folder. Thank you.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro — Stan.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 271
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 225
Hello, Rehabman!

I just installed my new BCM94352HBM module and tried to set it up in Sierra 10.12.2. According to your and toleda's guides I have implemented the following:

1. Installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to S/L/E

2. Installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to S/L/E

3. Added the fcvo patch:

Code:
Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

4. Added the Handoff/Hotspot patch:

Code:
Comment:Handoff (working)/Hotspot (not tested)
Name: IOBluetoothFamily
Find: 48 85 FF 74 47 48 8B 07
Replace: 41 BE 0F 00 00 00 EB 44

As a result I have a working Wifi and bluetooth 5 Ghz, but all the Continuity features (Handoff, Universal clipboard, Cellular Calls etc) work only "one way" - I can work in Safari (or any other native app) on Mac and continue it on iPhone easily, but not vice versa. Sometimes Handoff icon with Safari appears in the Dock on my Mac when I read something on iPhone, but when I click it - it shows only a blank page, not the one I've been reading on iPhone. Other apps do not appear in the Dock at all. I have read many articles and tried all the things they recommend, such as logging out/in to iCloud on all devices, enabling/disabling BT and rebooting, deleting all tails after Android File Transfer, etc. But no luck.

Also autounlock with Apple Watch doesn't work at all - there's no even such an option in SysPrefs->Security.

Is there any way to fix these problems? I attach my IOreg and Clover folder. Thank you.

It is all quite typical -- no known solution. Don't expect it to be perfect.

Sorry. I have a problem. I've installed el captain in my laptop samsung rc520. Bluetooth not work. My bluetooth is a broadcom bcm 2070. I tried tu put BrcmPatchRam2.kext + BrcmFirmwareData.Kext in EFI/CLOVER/10.11/Kext but don't work. What Can I do for solve my problem??

Sorry. I have a problem. I've installed el captain in my laptop samsung rc520. Bluetooth not work. My bluetooth is a broadcom bcm 2070. I tried tu put BrcmPatchRam2.kext + BrcmFirmwareData.Kext in EFI/CLOVER/10.11/Kext but don't work. What Can I do for solve my problem??

All kexts should be installed to the system volume.
If you don't see your bluetooth controller in System Information -> USB, then you have a USB problem.
See related guide in FAQ (post #1 here).

How I solve USB problem? I don't understand? What Can I do? I sow first post but I don't understand

Can't boot OS Sierra USB on my new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 (5567)
it stuck at apple logo!
specs :
intel(R)Core(TM)i7-7500 U CPU
Graphics: intel(R)HD 620
Radeon (TM) R7 M445
Have set the BIOS correctly.
Same USB stick have installed the OS on my desktop without an issue!
any help would be appreciated...

Back