Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
smceja said:
What about u don't assume everyone here is a noob based on post count?

This topic is must be ONLY for FAQs. I am not judge you but there are A LOT OF OTHER TOPICS for installation problems or even you can start a new one IF you do not find your answer at the FAQS topic or searching.

i have issue with VGA port.
4530s, the port works, but when i trying to mirror the display or change display resolution to 1920X1080 , it just lose single to the display and i have to restart the computer.
running 10.7.0, will update to 10.7.1-3 help?

Hi everyone,
I intend to buy a new HP Probook 4530s. I want to know if it will work in dual screen mode (not mirror) with my external Screen (its max resolution is 1280x1024)?
If yes, should I use VGA or HDMI port for that?

Thank in advance
=======
EDIT: I have find out a thread about my question at http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=50608. Thank everyone for great effort. I gonna buy this gear in this week. :headbang:

Thanks to tonymacx86 and the whole team who made the Hackintosh installation on HP Probook 4530s so easy. It was just that simple ! I got myself an HP Probook 4530s last week and after two attempts, and a kernel panic I finally managed to work good on it now. I had a boot:0 test error, which I fixed using TERMINAL.

I've few doubts : Can I update software from the software update (not the MAC OS X Updates but the Airport utility and as such?)

Also, I wish to install Windows 7 now, can someone guide me how it is, I think its to install Windows and later run the registry tweak from Windows to enable AHCI, then boot to Mac using unibeast and run HP Installer selecting only Chimera. Is that correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've had few attempts on my Hackintosh and I don't want something to go wrong that I'll have to do all the processes again.

Thanks again tonymacx86, Its only because of you I insisted in buying HP PROBOOK 4530S to have a Hackintosh :)

prasil said:
Thanks to tonymacx86 and the whole team who made the Hackintosh installation on HP Probook 4530s so easy. It was just that simple ! I got myself an HP Probook 4530s last week and after two attempts, and a kernel panic I finally managed to work good on it now. I had a boot:0 test error, which I fixed using TERMINAL.

I've few doubts : Can I update software from the software update (not the MAC OS X Updates but the Airport utility and as such?)

Also, I wish to install Windows 7 now, can someone guide me how it is, I think its to install Windows and later run the registry tweak from Windows to enable AHCI, then boot to Mac using unibeast and run HP Installer selecting only Chimera. Is that correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've had few attempts on my Hackintosh and I don't want something to go wrong that I'll have to do all the processes again.

Thanks again tonymacx86, Its only because of you I insisted in buying HP PROBOOK 4530S to have a Hackintosh :)

Use software update for everything but the system version updates.

Windows sounds about right, but I don't think you need a registry tweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back