Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but is there a way to view it before buying the laptop?

Thanks

WoW..This is some good news. I owns a HP DV6 laptop and got Lion running on it after trying so hard. But still having trouble with my Gfx,wifi.
It is nice to see a laptop with 100% compatibility. im planing to sell this one and buying a 4530s. :headbang:

Mac FTW :beachball:

Hi Guys;

I've searched until I'm going around in circles looking for verification that "HP ProBook 4730s with i7-2670QM" work.

The FAQ says 4730s are supported, but that's in general. I can find posts of working 4730s and ones with issues, but none say what CPU they have.

The hardware specs are the same as for 4530s, so it stands to reason that it should work. I can do my own tweaking, DSDT, kext patching etc. so I'm confident I'll get it working. But I'd like someones opinion if it would be better to scale back to 4530s.

I'm kinda desperate to know, since I ordered the 4730s i7 last night. So, I want to cancel it if it's a bad choice.

I'm a contributor for Zotac builds, rarely ask for help, this is new territory for me.

Please, someone reply.

Thanks

mactition said:
Hi Guys;

I've searched until I'm going around in circles looking for verification that "HP ProBook 4730s with i7-2670QM" work.

The FAQ says 4730s are supported, but that's in general. I can find posts of working 4730s and ones with issues, but none say what CPU they have.

The hardware specs are the same as for 4530s, so it stands to reason that it should work. I can do my own tweaking, DSDT, kext patching etc. so I'm confident I'll get it working. But I'd like someones opinion if it would be better to scale back to 4530s.

I'm kinda desperate to know, since I ordered the 4730s i7 last night. So, I want to cancel it if it's a bad choice.

I'm a contributor for Zotac builds, rarely ask for help, this is new territory for me.

Please, someone reply.

Thanks

Have you seen this post viewtopic.php?p=272733#p272733
4730s has 17" screen so dsdt will need dual-link patch otherwise you will face the same issues like rest of us: glitches with 8GB and no wifi if card is no Atheros
and I don't know where i7 users stand on Turbo Boost you may wanna look here
viewtopic.php?p=268641#p268641

Hi BigDonkey;

Have you seen this post viewtopic.php?p=272733#p272733
4730s has 17" screen so dsdt will need dual-link patch otherwise you will face the same issues like rest of us: glitches with 8GB and no wifi if card is no Atheros
and I don't know where i7 users stand on Turbo Boost you may wanna look here
viewtopic.php?p=268641#p268641

Thanks for the pointers. The i7 upgrade is the news I needed to see.

I decided earlier that I'm going to go for it. I have a fairly good idea of what's needed, it's mostly typical issues.

Wish me luck, I'll post the results.

Thanks

Hi,mactition

My name is Nathan. My PC hardware list is almost identical to yours. Mobo : Zotac H67itx c-e
sapphire radeon 5770 flex 1gb. Cpu i5-2500 @3.30GHz 4 cores. SSD 120gb for windows 7, hdd 500 gb for Snow leopard.

I am trying to install snow leopard 10.6.8 into the pc. I searched the forum, and your system profile is the most alike to mine.

I need some help. Since you do not have contact info, i have to leave a message in this subject in order to reach you. I already put you into my friends list ( have't ask you first, sorry : )

Could you contact me? my email - [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nathan;

Re: Zotac H67ITX-C-E

Please look here, and see "Zotac H55ITX-A-E Is History, Consider Zotac H67ITX-C-E" . . .
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12940

You should post there, you might get bumped for being off topic in this thread.

I track that thread, and there are others than can help too.

Thanks

zhangtrinity said:
I need some help. Since you do not have contact info, i have to leave a message in this subject in order to reach you

What about to PM him?

nikstar said:
smceja said:
blueking said:
I can do it tomorrow and give more specific details. But note you need to do it on battery power.

Hello, have you had a chance to look at the brisghtness issue on start up... you know the FN+F3?? :?
What about to read the first page of this topic for the solution?

What about u don't assume everyone here is a noob based on post count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back