Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Could any one help me with this?
When I boot my screen goes to the apple logo and the loading symbol but after this goes away my screen turns black. So I thought I will plug in the HDMI cable to my TV. Then the screen went to log in and I don't want to do this every time I boot my computer.

Thanks

blueking said:
wafflesrhadoo said:
i have an wifi problem. it worked perfectly until i don't know but somehow i get this message "wifi: no hardware installed"

? what can i do?

Re run the installer and also delete all devices in system preferences in the network panel.
This did not work for me it still says wifi: no hardware installed

MuppetMan said:
Hello,
When I boot my screen goes to the apple logo and the loading symbol but after this goes away my screen turns black. So I thought I will plug in the HDMI cable to my TV. Then the screen went to log in and I don't want to do this every time I boot my computer.

Thanks

Have you run the installer?

Also, did you try fn and f3?

blueking said:
MuppetMan said:
Hello,

Thanks

Have you run the installer?

Also, did you try fn and f3?

I have run the installer.

I will try fn and f3 in a minute

Hello, I got HP PROBOOK 4730s for almost a month from now, And I'm still pissed off why this thing doesn't get to work on OSX, Please help..

I restarted all over the process, and now I'm stucked on updating SL 10.6.3 to 10.6.8
here's what I did,
1. Insert iBoot
2. Install SL 10.6.3 Retail,
3. Insert iBoot
4. Run Update helper,
5. Reboot with still iBoot in,
6. Run Combo Update 10.6.8, then HP Probook Installer,
after that, I rebooted. and I'm stuck on the apple logo. It can't boot.

BIOS F09
please help anyone

boot the iboot CD/DVD highlight your HDD or partition the type-f. It should boot
Sorry now this sounds stupid it worked for me.

ianz2k7 said:
Hello, I got HP PROBOOK 4730s for almost a month from now, And I'm still pissed off why this thing doesn't get to work on OSX, Please help..

I restarted all over the process, and now I'm stucked on updating SL 10.6.3 to 10.6.8
here's what I did,
1. Insert iBoot
2. Install SL 10.6.3 Retail,
3. Insert iBoot
4. Run Update helper,
5. Reboot with still iBoot in,
6. Run Combo Update 10.6.8, then HP Probook Installer,
after that, I rebooted. and I'm stuck on the apple logo. It can't boot.

BIOS F09
please help anyone

Boot with -v and take a picture of the screen when it stops loading to see what cause the problem

I get graphic glitches, but it's with just the HD 3000 Graphics? Like sometimes there are just lines that go across the screen in Google Chrome?

Also, sometimes when recovering from sleep, the sound makes a beeping noise like constantly, and sometimes it will go off, but others it won't?

Anyone else having issues like this?

I'm on a ProBook 4430s with a i5 2410, HD3000 Graphics, 8GB RAM

Thanks!

Bloom said:
DavGerm4 said:
Also, sometimes when recovering from sleep, the sound makes a beeping noise like constantly, and sometimes it will go off, but others it won't?

Try to press escape after waking from sleep, this always fixed it for me.

This is because you have a stuck key. Mine was the B key. It's just an anomaly from waking from sleep. A good fix for this is to turn off key-stroke repeat in the System Preferences -> Keyboard -> "Key Repeat"

I have been following this topic for quite a time and 4530s seems indeed a good laptop. However, I did notice that some people are complaining the issue of fan being on all time time regardless of the option selected in the bios, even under Windows 7. I was wondering the current status of this issue.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back