Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hooked up my laptop to vga for the first time and the computer froze. I do I get it to work? Do I need to turn mirroring off? If so, how do I do it?
Thanks

Can we please add to section what isn't working that "dragging" on trackpad behaves erratically when activated?

" The trackpad doesn't have full gestures, just two finger scrolling. However, no hackintosh laptops have full gestures"

Another request for faq, add the brightness slider fix:

scene brightness slider at 25% already has full brightness: You can fix this by putting the display to sleep. You can set a hot corner to put display to sleep (as the most of us did) and you can put your cursor there after boot and easily solve it.

blueking said:
did you do the two commands it tells you to?

/sbin/mount -uw /

Im really dumb how do you access the screen to put in these prompt commands. I have no usb keyboard, and i dont understand what this means

If you can't get a keyboard, then you may boot after your install with -s. Follow the two commands listed, and then type nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist and edit out(you will have to scroll down) :
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Then hit fn + o, enter, and fn + x. Then hit exit

Meant to say, I added those other two comments.

You need to hit spacebar when the computer boots up. Then type -s.

i m stuck at before YOu begin connect wireless mouse...
i read your instructions and followed this Alt+Windows Logo+Esc but nothing happening... Help plEase..
i have
hp probook 4530s 2450 ci5

I've not seen that. Not sure what's up with that. Do you have a usb mouse? Or can you skip it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back