Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say chaps, just wanted to chip in with some useful help for those of us over the pond in dear old 'blighty'. We have British keyboards :thumbup: those damned @ and " symbols get awfully muddled, don't ya know. Pop over here http://liyang.hu/osx-british.xhtml, copy the 1st two files for ones 4530s, then System Preferences / Keyboard & click the flag sorts it proper!

Awesome F.A.Q. Thread. Thank you blueking. Some corrections:

blueking said:
How do I install Snow Leopard?

Follow guide here: fdkgfaf // link missing

How do I install Lion?

Follow guide here:faaf // link missing

Where do I find the installer?

The latest installer can always be found on the first post of the Lion install thread. Or click here: afafafa // link missing

Could any please help me with this.
I dont have a usb keyboard so I tried:
I have no USB keyboard. Is there another option?

If you can't get a keyboard, then you may boot after your install with -s. Follow the two commands listed, and then type nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist and edit out(you will have to scroll down) :
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Then hit fn + o, enter, and fn + x. Then hit exit.

When I do this it says [New File] and is completly blank
So can any one help?

Also I installed it on to an external hard drive.

Sorry I did spell it wrong but now it says:
[ Error writing /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/info.plist: Read-only fi]

How can I change and save this?

Sorry Im new to hackintosh's

liposuction said:
blueking said:
My screen is black when I boot on battery, how do I fix that?

Well, you can turn it up by hitting fn and f3. However, on boot, if you hit esc, and then when in the menu there turn it up with fn and f3, and then save it, it will permanently eliminate this problem.

I might edit this part a bit to include giong into the BIOS on battery and turning up the brightness, and then saving bios settings.

FWIW

HI all, I'm new here. Thanks for all your efforts, I have my 4530s working good on 10.7.2

Just can't seem to fix the low brightness on boot up. In bios there is not an option to change the setting. Hitting alt+f3 in bios does nothing, no change is noticed, then save and reboot with no joy :(

I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Boot up with the power cord connected is no problem at all.
If someone can advise, i would appreciate it.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back