Contribute
Register

FAQ for OS X on 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess not, I'm not sure what the resolution on the 4530s is but the 1600x900 and the 1080p looked identical on my 42" widescreen LCD TV, the entire screen was utilized and very crisp. I also added to the prior post that HDMI audio worked also.

Yeah, we do have HDMI audio working now. But can anyone else comment on mirroring?

Hello and merry Christmas to all!
I found this great deal and bought a 4530s with realtek wifi chip. So now I want to ask is there any chance that realtek wifi will be supported in the near future or should I buy the atheros card as suggested?

Im interested in buying the 4530s that comes with the HD 6490M. In the faq it says that it needs to be disabled before installation and then it can be re enabled after the dsdt is installed. Does the dsdt allow you to use the HD 6490M on lion?

johnnyc418 said:
Does the dsdt allow you to use the HD 6490M on lion?

THe 6490M is currently unsupported on the 4X30s. It will be unsupported for the foreseeable future. Do not buy the 4530s if the 6490M+OSX is what you're looking for.

It's possible that it might work in the future, but it's not probable.

I am new to the Board. My 4530s has hooked up with Lion. Saluted to your hard work!
Well, the HDMI's mirror is ok to me.
My 4530s is LV413PA, with a swap from Ralink to Athero's Wifi Combo. The Bios version is F09. 4GB Ram. I use the method as mentioned in this Board for Lion. Everything runs smoothly.
I use HDMI-DVI cable (cable taken from my Macmini 2011) to connect my 4530s with my Samsung SynMaster 2233 display. It can do mirroring, but only in 16:9 aspect ratio (my old SynMaster has 16:10). Anyway, the quality is rather crippy to be honest: OK for typing but not for doing some serious video editing work.

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 386
Dirtybits said:
Hello and merry Christmas to all!
I found this great deal and bought a 4530s with realtek wifi chip. So now I want to ask is there any chance that realtek wifi will be supported in the near future or should I buy the atheros card as suggested?

You need to get the Atheros card. No others are supported.

Will an external USB wifi stick work? I know that I will lose Bluetooth plus a USB port but I don't mind

Yes, it will work, as it works to other hacintosh's. So is better to search a little, but you I don't thing you'll have a problem finding one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back