Contribute
Register

FAQ for Mountain Lion on HP Probook

ReHabMan, I see that you made some changes in DSDT patches for 10.8.5, is it required to patch DSDT again?

ReHabMan, I see that you made some changes in DSDT patches for 10.8.5, is it required to patch DSDT again?

If your laptop is already working, then no, not necessary.

I think probably the only significant change would be for a laptop with a Sandy Bridge CPU on a 7-series board.

Hello,

I've just purchased a 4530s, and expect it next week. In the meantime, I am researching what I need to put Mountain Lion on it.

I am confused about what you have written:
Can I use one of the above laptops with a different wifi card than the Atheros 9285?

Yes. However, it is not supported (your WiFi will not work).

... a few lines later you write:
BigDonkey provides the following additional information:

Part number for Atheros AR9002WB-1NGB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapte593127-001

If the 9285 is the only card that will work, what are you saying about the AR9002? Why is it mentioned?

Thanks,
Bret

Hello,

I've just purchased a 4530s, and expect it next week. In the meantime, I am researching what I need to put Mountain Lion on it.

I am confused about what you have written:

... a few lines later you write:

If the 9285 is the only card that will work, what are you saying about the AR9002? Why is it mentioned?

Thanks,
Bret

The AR9002* is the model# of the PCIe combo card (WiFi+BT). AR9285 is the model# of WiFi chipset included on that card (in addition to the AR3011 bluetooth).

RehabMan,

Sorry if this is a repost but I have searched all along and find your FAQ and Probook installer a little bit confusing.

Can I use one of the above laptops with a different CPU than Sandy Bridge?

No. We use the HD 3000 for graphics, which is only in the Sandy Bridge CPU's. However, the model that contains the other CPU supports upgrading, so you can just upgrade your CPU to a Sandy Bridge one and it should work.

However the probook installer inluded IvyBirdge support :s

I want to buy Probook IvyBridge i5/i7 4x40s series with HD4000/3000 and of course along with Aethros as wifi, do IvyBridge are supported fully by the installer? What would you suggest as for i7 probook series, 4x30s series or 4x40s and with HD4000 or 3000?

Thanks!

RehabMan,

Sorry if this is a repost but I have searched all along and find your FAQ and Probook installer a little bit confusing.

Can I use one of the above laptops with a different CPU than Sandy Bridge?

No. We use the HD 3000 for graphics, which is only in the Sandy Bridge CPU's. However, the model that contains the other CPU supports upgrading, so you can just upgrade your CPU to a Sandy Bridge one and it should work.

However the probook installer inluded IvyBirdge support :s

I want to buy Probook IvyBridge i5/i7 4x40s series with HD4000/3000 and of course along with Aethros as wifi, do IvyBridge are supported fully by the installer? What would you suggest as for i7 probook series, 4x30s series or 4x40s and with HD4000 or 3000?

Thanks!

Ivy Bridge 4x40s is supported with any i3, i5, or i7 CPU. If you are getting an Ivy CPU in your 4x40s, you have HD4000.

Ivy Bridge 4x40s is supported with any i3, i5, or i7 CPU. If you are getting an Ivy CPU in your 4x40s, you have HD4000.

Thanks alot man! and I'd assuredly assume that HD4000 is natively compatible with latest ML builds.

Regards,

Thanks alot man! and I'd assuredly assume that HD4000 is natively compatible with latest ML builds.

Regards,

If by latest ML builds you mean 10.8.5, the only version available from the Mac App Store, yes. The ProBook Installer supports Ivy 4x40s and all Ivy i-series CPUs have HD4000.

Thanks RehabMan,

I have now successfully installed 10.8.5 Probook 4540s i7, just waiting for the DELL 1515 wifi chip from eBay, rest assured.

A couple of things if you could answer please,

1. Sleep is not working, although I don't really want it but just in case. When you sleep, it turns back on automatically. I installed DSDT from the latest probook installer.

2. What is DropSSDT=Yes in boot plist? I mean I know it skips the SSDT tables but would it drop the SSDT.aml present in /Extra? Or is it something else?

Bios is latest F.42, restored to defaults after probook installer.

Regards,

Thanks RehabMan,

I have now successfully installed 10.8.5 Probook 4540s i7, just waiting for the DELL 1515 wifi chip from eBay, rest assured.

A couple of things if you could answer please,

1. Sleep is not working, although I don't really want it but just in case. When you sleep, it turns back on automatically. I installed DSDT from the latest probook installer.

2. What is DropSSDT=Yes in boot plist? I mean I know it skips the SSDT tables but would it drop the SSDT.aml present in /Extra? Or is it something else?

Bios is latest F.42, restored to defaults after probook installer.

Regards,

1. Did you disable "Wake on USB" and "Wake on LAN" as described in the guide?

2. It does not cause /Extra/ssdt.aml to be ignored.

Back