Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
So I did a stress test on my hackintosh to make sure it would be stable and opened all the apps at once. It performed this with amazing speed and everything opened and worked flawlessly. However my concern was the fans did not start to spin higher since everything all opened a once. Is this something normal or are my fans just running at the same speed?

This my current setup:

Phanteks Evolv
Asus Maximus VIII Formula LGA
Corsair HX1000i
Intel i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX1070
Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance
Samsung 850 500GB SSD

Hey,

open every application you've got on your machine isn't a stress test and they might be no need for the fans to spin faster. If you want to stress test without a program you can do it this way.

Open your terminal and copy paste the following command:
Code:
yes > /dev/null &

This will send one instance of "yes" into the background. But you need more to stress test your CPU. You can repeat the code above your you can do it this way to add more:
Code:
yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null &

To stop the test just write this in your terminal:
Code:
killall yes

Hey,

open every application you've got on your machine isn't a stress test and they might be no need for the fans to spin faster. If you want to stress test without a program you can do it this way.

Open your terminal and copy paste the following command:
Code:
yes > /dev/null &

This will send one instance of "yes" into the background. But you need more to stress test your CPU. You can repeat the code above your you can do it this way to add more:
Code:
yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null & yes > /dev/null &

To stop the test just write this in your terminal:
Code:
killall yes
The best stress test program is Prime95. It runs on all operating systems.

I tried all that and even tried cinebench and I'm not seeing the gnu fans spin and not noticing the cpu cooler fans spin faster either.

Did you install FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext? If you did, remove it, restart and test it.

I had a Fan problem too, with one span not even spinning. After deleting this it worked again.

To remove it open your finder and go to /Library/Extentions, then just delete the FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

@ezenuni, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back