i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've almost got all of my parts together for my build. The last thing would be case fans and a CPU cooler, I'm just curious if brands matter, or if I can buy whatever is compatible with my setup. Also, I have a Fractal R5 that came with 2 140mm fans, if anyone has any feedback as to whether I should add more or not that would be great. Also, curious if an aftermarket CPU cooler is worth it.

Quick overview would be i7 4790K, GTX 980, Gaming 7 Mobo, 2 SSDs, 1 HDD.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

The Fractal R5 fans are good enough. Are you masochistic enough to OC to the max? If so, you'll need a good liquid CPU cooler rather than a non Intel CPU Air Cooler.

The tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, CPU Cooler section, has some of the most popular air and liquid CPU coolers. However, if you're going to really OC to the max, I'd check out the OverClock.net site or other sites.

The Fractal R5 fans are good enough. Are you masochistic enough to OC to the max? If so, you'll need a good liquid CPU cooler rather than a non Intel CPU Air Cooler.

The tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, CPU Cooler section, has some of the most popular air and liquid CPU coolers. However, if you're going to really OC to the max, I'd check out the OverClock.net site or other sites.
I'm not planning on OC'ing any time soon. Alright, I appreciate the input.

I've been looking at the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 and the CM Hyper 212 Evo. I assume both work fine with a Hackintosh, just depends how the fit in my setup. Any recommendations, advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back