CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
How have you placed your Fans?
I will use an GA-Z87n WIFI MB with an i3 4330 and an SSD. No extra Graphics because I will use the Onboard. The only PCI Cad will be the WIFI.
My question is, where to place the Fans. Do I use the placing of the original Fan in the Back of the Case??? Seems to be not the best place. I am thinking about making a hole in the roof of the case and place one there. I looked in a lot of threads and I am still unsure yet. Some have made holes in the bottom. But, I don´t want to use this solution because of dust it sucks from the floor.
Thanks Martin

Hi
How have you placed your Fans?
I will use an GA-Z87n WIFI MB with an i3 4330 and an SSD. No extra Graphics because I will use the Onboard. The only PCI Cad will be the WIFI.
My question is, where to place the Fans. Do I use the placing of the original Fan in the Back of the Case??? Seems to be not the best place. I am thinking about making a hole in the roof of the case and place one there. I looked in a lot of threads and I am still unsure yet. Some have made holes in the bottom. But, I don´t want to use this solution because of dust it sucks from the floor.
Thanks Martin

Hi Martin,
This is always tricky and I think the main thing is not to hack the case any more than is needed by your system.
If it was me I would use the original fan placements first and monitor temp with HWMonitor over a period of time. You will probably find that your system actually stays within a reasonable range. If not then another thing to try is to use a PCI slot fan to supplement ventilation without cutting.
I think I would be reluctant to cut the top of the case as it might look messy, and also it is nice to have a stock type appearance.
If you have to cut an extra vent then you could cut behind the plastic side wall as you can get a useful amount of extra air invisibly.

Good advise. Thank you very much!

Hi there, there is always a lot to think about with old cases like this.
but i believe this one is the trickiest.

I've been working on my G3 and i am now leaning on dual 140mm fans in from the bottom.
at the moment i have dual 80mm fans to maintain the rear most hdd bracket.
but if you can relocate the HDD's then dual 140's are up-there!

could use fan filters!

can i also suggesta good lowprofile cpu cooler
i use a Scythe Shuriken Big 2 Rev.B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back