Motherboard
Asus TUF FX504GE (Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630, Nvidia 1050ti, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As seen from profile, I have a gaming laptop with 8750H and it generates a lot of heat and while using mac the fans are very very quiet and don't cool the laptop properly thus making it too hot to type. My PR files are attached. I have tried to take a clue from other posts on this thing but couldn't understand much. Though I have read the ACPI pdf guides and understand what everything stands for like ACx are triggers for active cooling n all but I am haveing problem implementing a solution. I tried to patch the Ther_Rvp.aml SSDT to trigger AC on very small values but couldn't make it work.

Attachments

• debug_20707.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 85
As seen from profile, I have a gaming laptop with 8750H and it generates a lot of heat and while using mac the fans are very very quiet and don't cool the laptop properly thus making it too hot to type. My PR files are attached. I have tried to take a clue from other posts on this thing but couldn't understand much. Though I have read the ACPI pdf guides and understand what everything stands for like ACx are triggers for active cooling n all but I am haveing problem implementing a solution. I tried to patch the Ther_Rvp.aml SSDT to trigger AC on very small values but couldn't make it work.

MacBookPro14,3 poor choice. Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1.
No power management for NVMe, replace with M.2 SATA device.
You might want to call _PS3 instead of _OFF (if you look at the code, you see it does a bit of other things, then calls _OFF).
You should also check Activity Monitor, to see if you have processes using CPU when you don't expect.
You also forgot SATA-300-series-unsupported.kext.

Attachments

• debug_26987.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
Below 15% usage normally.

done. I hope its working. Attached PRF.

Your files still show wrong SMBIOS.
Did not check anything else.

Your files still show wrong SMBIOS.
I will be blacklisted at Apple if I change it. Need to wait for some time to change that. btw, what are the bad effects of keeping that SMBIOS?

I will be blacklisted at Apple if I change it. Need to wait for some time to change that. btw, what are the bad effects of keeping that SMBIOS?

MacBookPro14,3 is dual GPU with Apple proprietary GMUX (which your computer is not).
Using that SMBIOS has been shown to cause problems.
You should change it right away.

You should change it right away
If I just change the name from MacbookPro14,3 to MacbookPro14,1 and leave serial number and other id's as they are, would it work?

Last edited:
If I just change the name from MacbookPro14,3 to MacbookPro14,1 and leave serial number and other id's as they are, would it work?

No.
(some things tied to model-id, some tied to board-id).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back