Contribute
Register

False temperature readings from CPU Heatsink?

Motherboard
Asus H97i Plus
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I think I'm getting false readings for the CPU Heatsink.

I've installed Yosemite and "FakeSMC v6.16.1372", "FakeSMC Plugins v6.16.1372" and "FakeSMC HWMonitor Applications v6.16.1372" using MultiBeast. Initially I only had "FakeSMC" installed but then I didn't get any readings at all from the sensors.

In BIOS my CPU idle temp is around 37° C.

In HWMonitor the various temperatures are similar to the one reported in BIOS except for "CPU Heatsink". This one is always between 112°-114° C, even directly after a cold startup and after 10 minutes of Prime95 where the other CPU sensors report temperatures around 80° C.

Anyone had similar issues and any suggestions what I can do to get "correct" readings?

Attachments

• hwscreen.png
    hwscreen.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 193
Motherboard
Asus Maximus X Hero
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
I have the exact same issue on a Asus Z97i-plus mini-ITX board, where the CPU heatsink temp ranges from 110-116 degrees. I have tried several different version of the FakeSMC, but the heatsink temp errors persist. I believe it's an issue related to the Asus motherboard, as I have the same FakeSMC extensions on another hackintosh with a Gigabyte motherboard, and there the temps all seem correct.