Contribute
Register

False temperature readings from CPU Heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H97i Plus
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I think I'm getting false readings for the CPU Heatsink.

I've installed Yosemite and "FakeSMC v6.16.1372", "FakeSMC Plugins v6.16.1372" and "FakeSMC HWMonitor Applications v6.16.1372" using MultiBeast. Initially I only had "FakeSMC" installed but then I didn't get any readings at all from the sensors.

In BIOS my CPU idle temp is around 37° C.

In HWMonitor the various temperatures are similar to the one reported in BIOS except for "CPU Heatsink". This one is always between 112°-114° C, even directly after a cold startup and after 10 minutes of Prime95 where the other CPU sensors report temperatures around 80° C.

Anyone had similar issues and any suggestions what I can do to get "correct" readings?

Attachments

• hwscreen.png
    hwscreen.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 239
I have the exact same issue on a Asus Z97i-plus mini-ITX board, where the CPU heatsink temp ranges from 110-116 degrees. I have tried several different version of the FakeSMC, but the heatsink temp errors persist. I believe it's an issue related to the Asus motherboard, as I have the same FakeSMC extensions on another hackintosh with a Gigabyte motherboard, and there the temps all seem correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back