Contribute
Register

Fallout from Windows 7 Error 0xC0000005

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's booting!!

I had still better go back and change Drivers64UEFI to Drivers/UEFI.

[Maybe the Microsoft thing was coincidental with some other problems.]

It has timed out on a bunch of partitions. ...Twice. Most look innocuous except "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin".

Also, it seems to be demanding that there be something in/on my optical drive (which has no disc in it). I unplugged it after a couple of minutes [I have hot-swap on]; now it has stopped [booting].

By "Same" I meant that deleting all the extra EFI partitions made no difference. Sorry about the ambiguity.

I have copied out the files in the EFI partition, reformatted it, and copied them back in.

I have replaced this file; thanks for that.

In the shell, I have asked it to load all of the drivers in "Drivers64UEFI". This reported an error for "AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi" -- "... error in start image: Device Error". I have replaced the file, and it still says the same thing. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Okay, Clover version v5150 should have all necessary efi drivers in the drivers/UEFI folder, not drivers32UEFI or drivers64UEFI. Those two were the earlier version Clover locations and now deprecated.

Same for AptioMemoryFix.

:)

I take it that the implication is that I do not/can not get rid of them.
you add entries in that section to hide the volumes from clover startup

I have tried reverting to an instance of Clover 4173 from 2018. It gets as far as...
... sound,
HID: Legacy shim: 2
jnl: disk2s1: journal replay done.
hfs: mounted <disc> on device disk2s1
unexpected session: 10000 uid: -1 requested by: 42
AppleKeyStore ...
etherNet...
... noting a timeout on a number of volumes, twice, and then -- reading from an out-of-focus image -- "
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, lik 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0,bs 0, now 0, sn 0x0
"
...Then nothing more.

I have tried reverting to an instance of Clover 4173 from 2018. It gets as far as...
... sound,
HID: Legacy shim: 2
jnl: disk2s1: journal replay done.
hfs: mounted <disc> on device disk2s1
unexpected session: 10000 uid: -1 requested by: 42
AppleKeyStore ...
etherNet...
... noting a timeout on a number of volumes, twice, and then -- reading from an out-of-focus image -- "
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, lik 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0,bs 0, now 0, sn 0x0
"
...Then nothing more.

Well that last line usually points to a GPU problem. So either at the switch over from boot graphics to main system, or a bad configuration depending on which GPU you are using.

It is working!!

Thank you all very much, those who helped!

I note the details below, on the offchance that it might help someone else. Of course, the ideal is to avoid the problem in the first place by *unplugging every other drive* when installing Windows.

( Along the way I got into my machine by [as per the relevant step in the setup precedure] launching Clover from my setup USB stick and selecting my MacOS partition... but I am not thinking that that made any difference. (I tried to reinstall the motherboard graphics driver et al., but that failed (Console: "~/Library/Logs" : MultiBeast.log : "Certificate used to sign package is not trusted." [It worked in 2018.]).) )

(During startup, it spewed out several pages of some message ending in "[...] :1", when it was loading my drives. {That} I have never seen before, but it does not seem to matter... .)

As I said, I replaced the latest Clover version/ EFI setup/ config.plist with an older one that I thought should work.
* It is using VBoxHfs-64.efi.
* AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi still returns an error if I try to load it manually in the Clover Shell. [Note to beginners: start with "help -b" and work your way up from there. Change to volume: e.g. "FS0:" or "BLK6:". "cd ..." [standard "change directory"] and "ls" work.]
* I have changed from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to AptioMemoryFix.efi ; this is the only difference from how it used to be, I think.
* Informed byUtterDisbelief's comment about graphics (...
Well that last line usually points to a GPU problem. So either at the switch over from boot graphics to main system, or a bad configuration depending on which GPU you are using.

...) -- as a stab in the dark -- I switched my NVidia setting from "OS X Default..." to "NVidia Web...", and turned on the pertinent toggle in config.plist/Clover startup.

It appears that the latter is what made the difference, pertinent to that.

(I had earlier changed from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to AptioMemoryFix; that or reverting to my Clover 4173 setup got me past the failing after the "++++...+++" at the outset.)

[It has all been rather stressful, as I did not want to make any changes in a setup that could reasonably be expected to be fine. Conversely, I am thinking that Clover v5150 was unexpected, and that I was used to seeing v4173... and that the problem arose (*some*how) from my deleting the "other" EFI partitions. That aspect will remain a mystery.]

Anyway, thanks again!

----

... Actually, one last question, if anyone cares to engage with it. My audio works on about 2/3s of my reboots, and the machine does not reliably sleep. Might updating Clover (with any attendant changes, such as changing drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI) help with any of that, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back