Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 2Gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What is the best way to install the FakeSMC plguins for monitoring temperature, etc., if you have already run multibeast and your system is working? Should I run multibeast again with the same settings and add these monitoring plugins to the build? Or is there a better way to go about it? Thanks.

I think you can just use MB and select the extras you want to add (so just FakeSMC). It should not overwrite existing settings you chose previously. Just as when new version come out, you only need to update the newer ones and the non-updated ones can be left alone.

Yes, go ahead and run Multibeast and select just the items you want to add, it won't affect anything you've already installed by "not" selecting them this time around.

Thanks!

Has anyone experienced issues with the FakeSMC plugins and 10.9.2? I've been reading about them, and a lot of people have said these plugins cause stability issues.

I'm mostly concerned about testing the CPU temperature under load with the heat sink I purchased (Noctua NH-U12s). I'm not planning on over clocking my 3930k, but I do run a lot of CPU heavy audio applications, and don't want to over heat it.

I have all the FakeSMC plugins installed without issue. Everything runs fine, hardware monitoring causes no problems for me.

Regards

I have all the FakeSMC plugins installed without issue. Everything runs fine, hardware monitoring causes no problems for me.

Regards

Thanks. I was able to get them installed and running with out issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back