Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As ModBot has suggested, I am noting two issues with MB 6.2.1 which have been experienced by a number of users with different motherboards in Mavericks 10.9.2:

1) FakeSMC plugins v6.0.1123 cause my GA-B85M-D3H not to boot. I can boot with FakeSMC v6.0.1123 alone, but not when the plugins are also installed. There seems to be a problem with driver signings. I reverted back to the 5.XX version used in MB 6.1 and all is well.

2) The ALC892 driver does not have sound when awakened after sleep. It's fine otherwise but a reboot is required to get sound back after it is lost. I reverted back to the version found in MB 6.1 and it works as it should.

Tom

Same problem here with audio. Previous version is fine.

Hey guys, ALC889 no dsdt also experiencing the same issue, when i updated to the 6.2 multibeast and installed the 10.9.2 audio after sleep the sound does not come back had to revert back to 9.1 audio in 6.1 multibeast.

also when i boot the comp now the audio makes a scratch pop noise as if its enabled lol..

Issue with ALC889

Hi, after 10.9.2 and multibeast 6.2.1 my sound stop working after sleep, sometimes it restore itself, but this is very annoying. Thanks for your effort.

using ALC889 without DSDT.

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 - UEFI
i7-2600

I am having the same issue with a GB UD5H board no sound after wake since I updated to 10.9.2
and MultiBeast 6.2.1

@ DrTOM

How did you boot again after "fakeSMC" you noticed had problems?
I mean, did you remove manually the kext file? (If yes, how you did that)

Thanks for the answer

@ DrTOM

How did you boot again after "fakeSMC" you noticed had problems?
I mean, did you remove manually the kext file? (If yes, how you did that)

Thanks for the answer

I booted from my backup hard drive (that I cloned prior to running MB 6.2.1) and ran MB 6.1 from it to my main drive.

Tom

I booted from my backup hard drive (that I cloned prior to running MB 6.2.1) and ran MB 6.1 from it to my main drive.

Tom

I have a similar issue ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...way-avoid-complete-maverick-installation.html ).
Would it be possible to manually remove those problematic kexts if I mount the system disk in "offline mode" on another MAC?
If yes, where are those multi beast files, and how can I then install the MB 6.1 versions directly?
Then I suppose I could try again to put back the system disk and boot it again.

Is there any other simple way apart from my suggestion that could be done so that we can avoid a complete new installation of Maverick when we are stuck on boot because of wrong multi beast settings/options which we installed with the bootloader?

Is there maybe any utility which could be used during boot to "surf" the system disk and remove those kexts?

EDIT: Removing the kexts manually from the extensions folder did not help, so I am in a process at the moment of reinstalling the cloned disk again and the OSX Maverick…in progress...

Hey guys, ALC889 no dsdt also experiencing the same issue, when i updated to the 6.2 multibeast and installed the 10.9.2 audio after sleep the sound does not come back had to revert back to 9.1 audio in 6.1 multibeast.

also when i boot the comp now the audio makes a scratch pop noise as if its enabled lol..

Same exact issue with the pop noise and all :)

ALC898 on Z87X-UD3H

Installing 9.1 Audio from MB 6.1.0 works ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back