Contribute
Register

FakeSMC Plugins and audio issues with MB 6.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have an issue with the new fake SMC too. My cpu fan slowly turns up speed to about 1800 RPM which is loud and unnecessary.

I saw in a previous post that someone rolled back their fakesmc by simply running multibeast 6.1.

If i run multibeast 6.1 and select only the fakesmc option will it roll back my driver OR do I have to remove it manually or use some sort of utility to uninstall the new driver to replace with the previous one?

I just don't want to make the computer unbootable if I can avoid it. I don't have the cloned drive advantage.

Question: What is the correct way to roll back to a previous version of FakeSMC?

Hey I have an issue with the new fake SMC too. My cpu fan slowly turns up speed to about 1800 RPM which is loud and unnecessary.

Wouldn't that only happen if you had turned on manual speed control in hwmonitor?

A temporary option is always to roll back to the previous working MultiBeast drivers. To do this, just run the same option in a previous MultiBeast, and reboot. See this thread for details:

www.tonymacx86.com/audio/127141-temporary-solution-mavericks-audio-issues.html

Here's the version history from the last few MultiBeasts. Hope this helps. :)

86165d1394381860-temporary-solution-mavericks-audio-issues-screen-shot-2014-03-09-12.13.14-pm.png

Wouldn't that only happen if you had turned on manual speed control in hwmonitor?

Maybe theres a glitch in that then. I say this because the manual controls in HW monitor do not work. Also, the HWmonitor app will ask TWICE every startup for my install password to install a 'helper'. Perhaps this is where the conflict is.. Anyways I am going to try the roll back from multibeast outlined by the post above. Thanks everyone for the quick responses!

I will update here soon.

Thank You very much TonyMac! The roll back worked and now my fan has returned to normal operating speeds! My ears and electricity bill thank you dearly!

I want to share a bit more also. I have the GA-H87-D3H motherboard which also uses the ALC892 audio chipset. I use an external audio device (Apogee One) so I would never notice an issue, but maybe, the latest version of things in multibeast really did not like my motherboard (at least it boots right?!).

Now that I'm rolled back and working proper, I am very happy. But, I would like to point out to the developers that one of the problems I had was with the FakeSMC and HWmonitor app, in case they were looking for feedback!

HWmonitor app would ask for two system install passwords every boot to install a 'helper' and the manual fans control did not work. Also, a slow ramping up from 600 RPM to 1800 RPM of CPU fan speed (labeled Mainbaord fan 1 in HWmopnitor) would occur on startup and last until shutdown. I would think this is related.

Solved by rolling back HWmonitor App and FakeSMC + FakeSMC plugins to the previous version.

Anyways, Thanks everyone especially the developers for making my life amazing with custom computers. If there is anything else I can test or do to help the community, answer diagnostic questions about my set up ect. let me know!

Love this place!

I updated to MB 6.2.1 and the new Mac Pro definition.

Everything works fine, except I also have the "Audio gone after wake from sleep" issue. After Wake from sleep the Audio is there for a few seconds and then goes away indefinitely.

Mavericks 10.9.2
Gigabyte H87N-Wifi

2) The ALC892 driver does not have sound when awakened after sleep. It's fine otherwise but a reboot is required to get sound back after it is lost. I reverted back to the version found in MB 6.1 and it works as it should.

Tom

I wonder if there is a way to replace the KEXT manually, I really have a great Maverick installation and would like to continue using it, but fixing the audio quality is something interesting, I don't to want to mess here.

What are the KEXT that I should replace form MB 6.1 on my machine?

Tks for the help guys! :)

I wonder if there is a way to replace the KEXT manually, I really have a great Maverick installation and would like to continue using it, but fixing the audio quality is something interesting, I don't to want to mess here.

What are the KEXT that I should replace form MB 6.1 on my machine?

Tks for the help guys! :)

Seriously, the easiest way is to run MB 6.1, install only the sound driver that you need, and then reboot. You will not mess up your otherwise great Mavericks installation by doing so. ;)

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back