Register

FakeSMC plugin for ati 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
980x
Graphics
R6770
i am looking for plugins for my ati 5770 video card to show used and temp in 64 bit can any one help i am look for a FakeSMC plugin that works i am 10.6.7

rage5676 said:
i am looking for plugins for my ati 5770 video card to show used and temp in 64 bit can any one help i am look for a FakeSMC plugin that works i am 10.6.7

Try here.

ok what ones do i need i cant seem to get it to work

rage5676 said:
ok what ones do i need i cant seem to get it to work

Just put the attached kext in e/e, rebuild and restart. :p

For the record, in my computer some fakesmc plugins won't work in /E/E, and this is one of those.

eMatoS said:
For the record, in my computer some fakesmc plugins won't work in /E/E, and this is one of those.

I don't mean to doubt, but perhaps there is a I/O chip plug-in that is conflicting. Some plug-ins will not work in FakeSMC/Contents/Plugins, but FakeSMC WILL run if placed in e/e. FakeSMC 2.5 has alway been the standard in SMC, this new project incorporates many new features that and the notes/warnings are NOT listed on the link I posted; there was an original thread on ProjectOSX in regards to this FakeSMC spanning many pages. It's just a matter of knowing what is in the kext and making sure. Believe me, many have made that statement only to be set straight by the admins/project's author. Anyway, TBH, it matters not where FakeSMC goes, as long as it works. :p

bones123 said:
working for me, whats a good gpu diode temp? I'm running at 55* at just about idle

That seems right.

At 25'C ambient temperature in my living room, my card is currently @ 56'C. Running idle (screen sleeping), after wake up it sat around 46'C until I start to do things. While playing WoW on full settings, as well as running benchmarks, the card's temp rises to 66'C.

No conflict here, been testing these plugins since v2 (the ones I'm using now due to fan control) If I install the v3 pack (FakeSMC, RadeonMonitor, IntelCPUMonitor and SuperIO with IT87x) in /E/E I loose cpu and gpu temps, and if I put them in /S/L/E it all works fine. No idea the problem as they won't load at all :thumbdown: Is there any way to get fan control with this version? Sorry for the off topic :oops:

well i cant seem to get it to work so i give up for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back