CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As far as I see the clover installer does not automatically inject FakeSmc.kext.

So booting OS X without a FakeSmc.kext in /S/L/E from USB (first time boot after the installation) is not possible with a clover standard config, isn't it?

So how do I inject it?

Put the fakesmc.kext under /EFI/kexts/xOther and then copy it to your efi partition with the rest of the files

Newer builds use /EFI/CLOVER/kext/...

So it looks like that when mounted DOS EFI partition of my GPT formatted USB stick under Linux( /dev/sdc1 on tmp):

jacek@vostro:~/photo$ ls tmp/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/

10.6 10.7 10.8 Other

jacek@vostro:~/photo$

Directory 10.8 is searched before Other when booting ML and if FakeSmc is not in the first searched for kexts directory it will not be injected. I addition /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/kext/.. is searched before /EFI/CLOVER/kext/..., I think.

You have to include the WithKexts boot-argument. It will inject your attached kexts in /EFI/kext/* , or /EFI/CLOVER/kext/ apparently in new versions, BUT it will slow down booting because it has to inject these kexts. I recommend to put your FakeSMC just in /S/L/E/ AND recompile your KernelCache

You have to include the WithKexts boot-argument. It will inject your attached kexts in /EFI/kext/* , or /EFI/CLOVER/kext/ apparently in new versions, BUT it will slow down booting because it has to inject these kexts. I recommend to put your FakeSMC just in /S/L/E/ AND recompile your KernelCache

plz guys press F1 when u are in Clover GUI
It have all description u need.

U dont need to add withkext to boot-argument.
Just press space when u highlight boot entry and chose what u want,u will find with kext there.

About kext injection.
Its there just for running installer,and testing reasons,recovery etc..
Like jambek2003 already say install kexts in /S/L/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back