Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Setup: MSI H81I i3-4170 6Gb HD4400

from RehabMan's github readme page about the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext:

The purpose is to provide support for unsupported HDAU (usually called B0D3, but renamed to HDAU to match what Apple expects) devices which provide HDMI-audio on Haswell(+) systems. 8086:0c0c is the unsupported ID. The other two 8086:0d0c, and 8086:0a0c are supported.

i am trying to enable HDMI audio on my i3-4170. according to DPCIManager, the audio device ID is 80860C0C. does this mean that the FakePCIID-Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext approach won't work for me?

i have installed the kext, plus FakePCIID.kext, into S/L/E. i applied the patch from rehabman's page for device HDAU, changing the id to 0C0C. (note: the B0D3 device, which i renamed to HDAU, is in my SSDT-6.)

i've attached my ioreg and my clover folder (minus themes folder).

thanks in advance

ken

Attachments

• ioreg and Clover folder.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 925
i am trying to enable HDMI audio on my i3-4170. according to DPCIManager, the audio device ID is 80860C0C. does this mean that the FakePCIID-Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext approach won't work for me?

On the contrary. It means you need it.

i have installed the kext, plus FakePCIID.kext, into S/L/E. i applied the patch from rehabman's page for device HDAU, changing the id to 0C0C. (note: the B0D3 device, which i renamed to HDAU, is in my SSDT-6.)

No need for any patch to inject RM,device-id (although it doesn't hurt). All you need to do is install the kext (B0D3->HDAU rename still needed).

i've attached my ioreg and my clover folder (minus themes folder).

Your HDMI audio is not working because "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" is not injected on GFX0 (should really be renamed to IGPU). Also framebuffer is not patched for HDMI audio.

Your HDMI audio is not working because "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" is not injected on GFX0 (should really be renamed to IGPU). Also framebuffer is not patched for HDMI audio.

i renamed GFX0 to IGPU in my dsdt and the relevant ssdt's.

device IGPU is in ssdt-6 so i added a section to that device to inject hda-gfx=onboard-1.
do i also need to add ig-platform-id of 0d220003 to IGPU in ssdt-6?

in appleintelframebufferazul.kext/info.plist i added 0x041e8086 to ioprimary match.

i have not done something correctly as still no HDMI audio.

attached is ioreg, patched azul.kext, and patched ssdt-6.

thanks

Attachments

• Ken’s iMac.zip
    460 KB · Views: 112
  • patched azul.zip
    180.1 KB · Views: 147
  • SSDT-6.aml.zip
    5 KB · Views: 80
i renamed GFX0 to IGPU in my dsdt and the relevant ssdt's.

Confirmed in ioreg (but not necessary for HDMI audio -- it enables IGPU PM).

device IGPU is in ssdt-6 so i added a section to that device to inject hda-gfx=onboard-1.

Confirmed by ioreg.

do i also need to add ig-platform-id of 0d220003 to IGPU in ssdt-6?

No need... You're doing it with config.plist.

in appleintelframebufferazul.kext/info.plist i added 0x041e8086 to ioprimary match.

No need. Your config.plist uses FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086. You can restore the Info.plist to vanilla.

i have not done something correctly as still no HDMI audio.

Framebuffer connector is not patched for HDMI-audio. It can be seen in ioreg. connector-type for AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 is still <00 04 00 00> (DP), instead of <00 08 00 00> (HDMI).

You can do that patch with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch:
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find: <01050900 00040000 87000000>
Replace: <01050900 00080000 87000000>

No need. Your config.plist uses FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086. You can restore the Info.plist to vanilla.

i reinstalled the vanilla azul kext.

Framebuffer connector is not patched for HDMI-audio. It can be seen in ioreg. connector-type for AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 is still <00 04 00 00> (DP), instead of <00 08 00 00> (HDMI).

You can do that patch with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch:
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find: <01050900 00040000 87000000>
Replace: <01050900 00080000 87000000>

i added that to config.plist. ioreg now shows connector as 00 08 00 00.

still no HDMI audio in system prefs/sound.

anything else i can try, or any other troubleshooting files to send?

here is new ioreg, my current config.plist, and my patched acpi tables.

thanks for your continued patience in helping me.

in the meantime, i am performing a clean install on another HD.

Attachments

• Ken’s iMac.zip
    463.2 KB · Views: 88
  • config.plist.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 91
  • patched.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 97
i reinstalled the vanilla azul kext.

i added that to config.plist. ioreg now shows connector as 00 08 00 00.

still no HDMI audio in system prefs/sound.

anything else i can try, or any other troubleshooting files to send?

here is new ioreg, my current config.plist, and my patched acpi tables.

thanks for your continued patience in helping me.

in the meantime, i am performing a clean install on another HD.

Seems like onboard audio (via AppleHDA) is not working. You may have to fix that first...

Also, the RM,device-id you have injected for HDAU is incorrect. 0x0c0c is not supported, so you definitely don't want FakePCIID spoofing the HDAU as that device-id (the idea is to spoof a supported id). Remove that injection.

Seems like onboard audio (via AppleHDA) is not working. You may have to fix that first...

Also, the RM,device-id you have injected for HDAU is incorrect. 0x0c0c is not supported, so you definitely don't want FakePCIID spoofing the HDAU as that device-id (the idea is to spoof a supported id). Remove that injection.

got it!!!!

before setting up onboard audio via AppleHDA, i realized i hadn't patched my gpu/hdau ssdt properly.

in this installation, i will not have a need for any audio output other than HDMI so i will leave applehda patching for later.

into device hdau i inserted method _DSM with "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1", and layout id = 1 (which i know is redundant with my config.plist).

into device igpu i inserted method _DSM with "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1".

i think previously i had screwed up with my "version control" of ssdt patches.

thanks for providing the fakePCIIDx kexts, and for your patience in helping me.

Attachments

• SSDT-6.aml.zip
    5 KB · Views: 145
got it!!!!

before setting up onboard audio via AppleHDA, i realized i hadn't patched my gpu/hdau ssdt properly.

in this installation, i will not have a need for any audio output other than HDMI so i will leave applehda patching for later.

into device hdau i inserted method _DSM with "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1", and layout id = 1 (which i know is redundant with my config.plist).

into device igpu i inserted method _DSM with "hda-gfx" = "onboard-1".

i think previously i had screwed up with my "version control" of ssdt patches.

thanks for providing the fakePCIIDx kexts, and for your patience in helping me.

If still not working, need ioreg.

If still not working, need ioreg.

HDMI audio is now working after correctly patching devices HDAU and IGPU. i didn't need to do anything with AppleHDA.kext. i won't try that since i don't need any audio output other than HDMI.

thanks again!!!

HDMI audio is now working after correctly patching devices HDAU and IGPU. i didn't need to do anything with AppleHDA.kext. i won't try that since i don't need any audio output other than HDMI.

thanks again!!!

OK..., that's kind of what I thought you meant. It was the bogus/wrong/unneeded RM,device-id=0x0c0c that was causing the problem (runs counter to what FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext is trying to accomplish).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back