FakePCIID: Broadcom BCM57XX network OOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no luck. So far I have tried:
FakePCIID.lext and FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext in:
EFI/Other
S/L/E
L/E

original IONetworkingFamily.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.14.2, and the one from my original setup dating back years (that one through out a lot of missing dependencies upon cache rebuild.

All same outcome,
Ethernet "Cable Unplugged",
No Network Card listed in DPCIManager,
Interface listed in System Information as en0, but nothing listed under Ethernet Cards.
iMessage and FaceTime will not log in.

While I was at it I updated Lilu.kext and changed over to VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC. Although this has nothing to do with this situation.lol

I still have a bootable version of 10.14.2. iMessage and Ethernet work fine there.... getting stumped.

Thank you for all your help! I still wouldn't mind your EFI folder ( I always like to check my setup against others) but.. turned out on second look, when i booted into windows my LAN was gone there as well! after a bit of digging, I cleared CMOS and.... Bam! Ethernet. reset everything in bios, booted Clover and there it was. even iMessage works.
funny though FakePCIID is loaded but FakePCIID_BCM57XX... is not. I'll look into that later I guess.

On the same boat here. Asrock X79 Extreme6, I had ethernet working on 10.14.2 but rememeber having to do some voodoo to get it to work (can't remember exactly what!)

After updating to 10.14.3 the same problem, no ethernet. I already tried to load UEFI defaults as suggested above but that didn't work for me. I have a snippet from the boot process which I don't really know is it helpful to anyone or not. I'm guessing this just means that the two kexts are not loading?

Attachments

• IMG_8253.jpg
    IMG_8253.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 165
Still no luck. So far I have tried:
FakePCIID.lext and FakePCIID_BCM57XX_as_BCM57765.kext in:
EFI/Other
S/L/E
L/E

original IONetworkingFamily.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.14.2, and the one from my original setup dating back years (that one through out a lot of missing dependencies upon cache rebuild.

All same outcome,
Ethernet "Cable Unplugged",
No Network Card listed in DPCIManager,
Interface listed in System Information as en0, but nothing listed under Ethernet Cards.
iMessage and FaceTime will not log in.

While I was at it I updated Lilu.kext and changed over to VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC. Although this has nothing to do with this situation.lol

I still have a bootable version of 10.14.2. iMessage and Ethernet work fine there.... getting stumped.

Did have the same problem, also didn't recognise my Card reader.
Did resolve it, don't no why ... but it's functioning again.
Did reboot once in Windows 10, then again in 10.14.3
rebuild cache and after another reboot did recognise Ethernet Card and card Reader.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 14.13.24.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 14.13.24.png
    164 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 14.14.22.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-24 at 14.14.22.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 213
I was able to get my BCM57788 (14e4 1691) working in Sierra by using BCM5722D.kext. Injected it through Clover. All good.
Can I ask what steps you did? I have the same BCM57788 and I can’t get it to work. You used the BCM5722D kext? Did you also install the other Kexts as well or did you removed them? Thx.

I buy new PCI-e lan Realtek 8111 .. and disable BCM57*** from bios :) and everything work like charm. :) Lan card cost 6$ :)

OK, after the latest 10.14.4 (18E226) the ethernet port started to magically work again with the same old kexts. I did have to update Clover though, otherwise it would hang on a gray screen at bootup.

Hi!

I'm trying to do install 10.8 with chimera 4.1.0 and BCM57780. I'll try this out and tell the results!

@glofter, would you be able to upload your EFI? Ive been unable to get the Realtek 8111 working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back