Register

FakePCIID: Broadcom BCM57XX network OOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• gurji’s iMac.zip
    605 KB · Views: 112
Thank you.

Make sure your IONetworkingFamily.kext is vanilla, no other kexts for the Broadcom Ethernet are installed, and that you rebuild cache (make sure kextcache completes error free).

You should also check system.log.

Make sure your IONetworkingFamily.kext is vanilla, no other kexts for the Broadcom Ethernet are installed, and that you rebuild cache (make sure kextcache completes error free).

You should also check system.log.

I did infact replace the IOfamilykext that must be the problem. So I can just copy the kext from my macbook and place it back into my hack? is there a specific kext I need besides your package for BCM57781 network driver?

Thank you for your time and work.

I did infact replace the IOfamilykext that must be the problem. So I can just copy the kext from my macbook and place it back into my hack? is there a specific kext I need besides your package for BCM57781 network driver?

Thank you for your time and work.

You can refresh all kexts with the OS X installer.

You can refresh all kexts with the OS X installer.

Hey RehabMan,

So basically I decided to just do a complete fresh install out of frustration. Anyways I now have a new install and I still can't get the internet to work. I Downloaded (RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0201.zip) from bit bucket and copied (FakePCIID_BCM57XX....... & FakePCIID) to /System/Library/Extension and still no internet. I went ahead and removed them because I know I am doing something wrong.

PS. I had internet functioning perfectly fine for months until it randomly stopped working, unfortunately I can't remember what I did to get the internet to work when I first installed on my Z77 Extreme4.

Thank you for your time and help.

Attachments

• Gurji’s iMac #2.zip
    659.9 KB · Views: 105
Hey RehabMan,

So basically I decided to just do a complete fresh install out of frustration. Anyways I now have a new install and I still can't get the internet to work. I Downloaded (RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0201.zip) from bit bucket and copied (FakePCIID_BCM57XX....... & FakePCIID) to /System/Library/Extension and still no internet. I went ahead and removed them because I know I am doing something wrong.

PS. I had internet functioning perfectly fine for months until it randomly stopped working, unfortunately I can't remember what I did to get the internet to work when I first installed on my Z77 Extreme4.

Thank you for your time and help.

You cannot install kexts by copying them with Finder to /S/L/E.

Remove them (FakePCIID*), then use a kext installer such as Kext Wizard.

You cannot install kexts by copying them with Finder to /S/L/E.

Remove them (FakePCIID*), then use a kext installer such as Kext Wizard.

It's working!!!! Thank you so much! I always thought kext installer programs were just simply pasting into S/L/E ...

Again, thank you for your time and help.

The device id's I added are an educated guess, since obviously I do not have all these devices to test.
So it could be possible to either your device does not work, or that I did not add devices which are supported.

Its trial and error for every user. However with feedback like yours we can update the list more precisely.

It is a great job you guys are doing!
I was also having problems with the BCM57780 [14E4:1692] on acer v3-772g.
The BCM5722D.kext also solved for me, on El Capitan.

Just came across this thread. I'm getting bald trying to fix Ethernet on my dell laptop. Tried Yosemite and El Capitan. I can get everything to work but my BCM5756ME Ethernet.

Can anyone help? I've attached my IOReg

Attachments

• M6300_IOReg.zip
    404.9 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back