Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Hi there,

I'm having some issues to get my AR9280 working on my T430 with an unmodifiable BIOS. The AR9280 is supported in Yosemite, I tested this with another un-whitelisted Hackintosh laptop. The T430 will not boot with the AR9280, because of the whitelist, so I successfully changed the ROM ids (stock 168c:002a and 105b:e01f) to that of the Intel Centrino chip that came shipped with the T430 (8086:4238 and 8086:1111). So far so good, I got the T430 booting with my rebranded AR9280. Now I need you guys to help me out with the Fake PCI ID kext business. I modified RehabMans kext a bit, but I'm not sure if I need DSDT edits and modifying kexts isn't inside my comfort zone, so if you guys can help me out that would be great! Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I'm having some issues to get my AR9280 working on my T430 with an unmodifiable BIOS. The AR9280 is supported in Yosemite, I tested this with another un-whitelisted Hackintosh laptop. The T430 will not boot with the AR9280, because of the whitelist, so I successfully changed the ROM ids (stock 168c:002a and 105b:e01f) to that of the Intel Centrino chip that came shipped with the T430 (8086:4238 and 8086:1111). So far so good, I got the T430 booting with my rebranded AR9280. Now I need you guys to help me out with the Fake PCI ID kext business. I modified RehabMans kext a bit, but I'm not sure if I need DSDT edits and modifying kexts isn't inside my comfort zone, so if you guys can help me out that would be great! Thanks in advance.

Refer to the FakePCIID_AR9280_as_AR946x.kext as a template/example.

You will need to modify "AirPort AR9280 as AR946x" personality to match against your rebrand ids (IONameMatch): pci8086,4238.

And modify "FakePCIID AR9280 as AR946x" personality to match against your rebrand ids (IOPCIPrimaryMatch): 0x42388086.

The rest remains the same, other than you might want to rename the kext, change bundle-ids... if you wish.

Note: You'll need to use USB WiFi on Windows.

That is some quick replying, thanks! I followed your exact steps but I the card doesn't as of yet show up in SysPrefs. Do I need to rename the kext to FakePCIID.kext or will any name do? Also, I'm guessing I don't need DSDT edits? I can't find a PXSX or ARPT entry in my current DSDT.

That is some quick replying, thanks! Do I need to rename the kext to FakePCIID.kext or will any name do? Also, I'm guessing I don't need DSDT edits? I can't find a PXSX or ARPT entry in my current DSDT.

FakePCIID.kext remains unchanged. I was referring to the FakePCIID_AR9280_as_AR946x.kext.

No DSDT edits are needed.

Thanks, then I did everything just as I should. I'm worried I might have changed the ids too much with iwleeprom as I changed both the subsystem-ids and the regular ids, as well as a 8c16 (Atheros) I changed to 8680 (Intel) because I was frustrated I couldn't get thinks to work.

It shows up in Linux with the correct ids, as an Intel Centrino N 6300, but I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks, then I did everything just as I should. I'm worried I might have changed the ids too much with iwleeprom as I changed both the subsystem-ids and the regular ids, as well as a 8c16 (Atheros) I changed to 8680 (Intel) because I was frustrated I couldn't get thinks to work.

It shows up in Linux with the correct ids, as an Intel Centrino N 6300, but I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

With Linux, you need a modified driver to make it work. Because you don't want the Intel driver trying to load...

Focus on OS X first with FakePCIID.kext.

Well I'm stuck on OS X, and I find it hard to troubleshoot an AR9280 disguised as an Intel card. I've edited FakePCIID as you suggested and even tried an edited DSDT but got nowhere. I'll add my kext just in case, but I'm pretty sure it checks out.

Thanks again man for helping me out, this is a very specific issue I have here, but I really appreciate the time you're taking to help me.

View attachment FakePCIID_AR9280.kext.zip

EDIT: I've tried
Code:
sudo dmesg | grep -i intel
but I get nothing, do you have any tips how I can troubleshoot this?

Well I'm stuck on OS X, and I find it hard to troubleshoot an AR9280 disguised as an Intel card. I've edited FakePCIID as you suggested and even tried an edited DSDT but got nowhere. I'll add my kext just in case, but I'm pretty sure it checks out.

Thanks again man for helping me out, this is a very specific issue I have here, but I really appreciate the time you're taking to help me.

View attachment 139728

EDIT: I've tried
Code:
sudo dmesg | grep -i intel
but I get nothing, do you have any tips how I can troubleshoot this?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I'm guessing you're having trouble with people using outdated apps or posting very long .txt files?

Anyway, here's my contribution. View attachment 139731

There is no sign that FakePCIID.kext and your FakePCIID_AR9280.kext are installed.

Make sure you installed both with Kext Wizard. Then repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back