Contribute
Register

Fake PCI ID to circumvent T430 whitelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no sign that FakePCIID.kext and your FakePCIID_AR9280.kext are installed.

Make sure you installed both with Kext Wizard. Then repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Fixed it, I didn't realise both FakePCIID.kext and my own kext were needed. You greatly helped me out man, I can't believe this actually works!

Fixed it, I didn't realise both FakePCIID.kext and my own kext were needed. You greatly helped me out man, I can't believe this actually works!

FakePCIID.kext is where the real code lives. Your kext is just an "injector" which provides a reason (IOKit match) for the main kext.

Hello, I have a similar situation and am wondering what exactly I have to modify. I have a T430 as well, but instead of an AR9280 I have an AR9285. How should I modify the info.plst to suit that. I have already inserted the whitelisted cards information. I attached the info.plst incase you want to see it.

EDIT: I have an AR9285 in my laptop rebranded as an Intel 6205.

V/D:8086:0085

SV/SD:8086:1311

AR9285
V/D:168c:002b

SV/SD: 1A3B:1089

Thanks!

EDIT2: I have attached a second slightly tweaked plist file.

EDIT3: It is magically working. I put in my Linux drive, booted, put my OS X back in, rebooted, and here we are.

Attachments

• Info.plist
    2.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Info2.plist
    2.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Hello, I have a similar situation and am wondering what exactly I have to modify. I have a T430 as well, but instead of an AR9280 I have an AR9285. How should I modify the info.plst to suit that. I have already inserted the whitelisted cards information. I attached the info.plst incase you want to see it.

EDIT: I have an AR9285 in my laptop rebranded as an Intel 6205.

V/D:8086:0085

SV/SD:8086:1311

AR9285
V/D:168c:002b

SV/SD: 1A3B:1089

Thanks!

EDIT2: I have attached a second slightly tweaked plist file.

EDIT3: It is magically working. I put in my Linux drive, booted, put my OS X back in, rebooted, and here we are.

In the same shoes as you. But my card gets recognized but never finds a network just sits at searching :(. What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back