Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
CPU
i5-2500K Sandy Bridge
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 560 TI
Good evening,

I've installed Mac OS X on my flash drive, configured my config.plist (which is mostly default, per the advice of most owners of my mobo), and installed a few basic kexts. I plug the flash drive in, boot from it, choose the installer, and it seems to be booting successfully. However, it quickly runs through a ton of text that I can't read, then switches to a blank screen. After approximately two seconds, my flash drive LED starts blinking, showing activity. Then, after another few seconds, the machine restarts.

I tried to keep the number of kexts to a minimum to allow for easier debugging. I've attached my `debug.log`, which I found in `\EFI\CLOVER\misc\debug.log` after enabling `Debug` in my `config.plist`. I've renamed it to `debug.txt` to allow it to upload. However, with `Debug` set to `true`, it hangs after printing out a lot of plus signs, before the part where it blasts through text and crashes. I've let it sit there for 10 minutes, but it just hangs without any flash drive activity. Disabling `Debug` allows it to continue (albeit crashing shortly thereafter) past this point.

Kexts:
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

drivers64UEFI:
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Boot Arguments:
slide=0 darkwake=0 -v -x -s npci=0x2000 -no_compat_check PCIRootUID=0

I've also attached my `config.plist`, renamed as `config.txt`. I've tried with/without `-x`, `-s`, `PCIRootUID=0`, and `nv_disable=1`. All of them exhibit the same behavior. Note, also, that I've tried to enable NVIDIA Web Drivers. The same behavior occurred before and after enabling this section of `config.plist`. I'm referring specifically to setting `NvidiaWeb` to `true`.

I'd much appreciate any assistance you can offer about this.

Attachments

• debug.txt
    48.6 KB · Views: 52
  • config.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 125
drivers64UEFI:
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

To install Mojave you will need something to handle APFS, either ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi or apfs.efi.

Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

All right. I've started over with a fresh install onto my flash drive. This time I'm not going to install any additional kexts, but just use the default UniBeast stuff. I've also ensured that I do have an APFS driver in drivers64UEFI. I'll try it later tonight and see if that works.

OK, last night I did a completely new installation. This time, after updating my BIOS, I was able to get it to boot into the installer. I reformatted my SSD with "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)", using a GUID partition map, then installed onto that drive. After it completed, it rebooted, and I had it continue the installation from the hard drive. Finally, I booted from the USB a final time to boot into the new system.

It boots, but after using MultiBeast to install the bootloader, it doesn't seem to work. I can see an EFI partition on my SSD, and it has a BOOT and CLOVER folder, as well as a fairly minimal `config.plist`. It says "Install Succeeded", so I reboot, this time choosing to boot to the "Mac OS X" boot target. I've also tried booting from the "Kingston XXXXxx" target in my BIOS. However, both of them flash the screen black like it's preparing to boot, then immediately go back to the BIOS screen. This makes me think that it's an issue with the bootloader that MultiBeast installed on the SSD.

Any suggestions for things to try? I've tried adding `-v` to the boot arguments in `config.plist`, but it doesn't display anything-- I don't even think we're reaching the bootloader.

I tried a few more things. I was finally able to get different behavior by using the USB drive to boot into my Mojave installation, and using MultiBeast to install the Legacy bootloader. Now, when I choose to boot from my SSD, a "6" flashes on screen, then it changes to a text cursor, which it hangs on. Eventually it gives up and tries to boot from the flash drive once again.

I tried a few more things. I was finally able to get different behavior by using the USB drive to boot into my Mojave installation, and using MultiBeast to install the Legacy bootloader. Now, when I choose to boot from my SSD, a "6" flashes on screen, then it changes to a text cursor, which it hangs on. Eventually it gives up and tries to boot from the flash drive once again.
  • After reading your entire post up to the present thread, one thing is clear, your USB Installer disk has a working EFI Folder in its EFI Partition as it could help you install maOS Mojave on your System SSD and also help it boot again to its desktop even after the maOS Mojave SSD's EFI Folder installed by Multibeast was a failure twice in a row.
  • Why don't you copy and paste the EFI Folder from your USB Installer on to Mojave SSD's EFI Partition after deleting its Multibeast installed defective EFI Folder?
  • You can use Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator (Global Edition) to mount the EFI partitions of USB Installer and Mojave SSD for this procedure.
  • Once you can boot your System disk with its own CLOVER, further troubleshoot of its Video, Audio etc can be done in a targeted manner later.

That fixed it! I've now got a working Clover configuration, and I've spent the day editing my Clover configuration and getting things working.

Everything works so far, now, except for audio and USB.

For audio, I recently updated my BIOS to version 3602, so that's most likely not going to work. I've seen lots of posts on here that say that I should downgrade my BIOS, but that's not really an option on this motherboard. So-- I've got an old PCI sound card that I just installed, but I can't seem to get that working, either. It's a Diamond XtremeSound XS51. Any tips on that? I couldn't find anyone else that had tried anything. I'm using AppleALC now, and that hasn't worked yet. I've got the "HDAS->HDEF" patch enabled, but I don't know which value to try to inject in the "Devices" tab of Clover Configurator.

For USB, I've tried a few different kexts to no avail. None of the USB3 ports on my motherboard or case work, and I'm out of things to try.

Thanks for helping! I can't believe I've gotten it booting and have fixed most things...

That fixed it! I've now got a working Clover configuration, and I've spent the day editing my Clover configuration and getting things working.

Everything works so far, now, except for audio and USB.

For audio, I recently updated my BIOS to version 3602, so that's most likely not going to work. I've seen lots of posts on here that say that I should downgrade my BIOS, but that's not really an option on this motherboard. So-- I've got an old PCI sound card that I just installed, but I can't seem to get that working, either. It's a Diamond XtremeSound XS51. Any tips on that? I couldn't find anyone else that had tried anything. I'm using AppleALC now, and that hasn't worked yet. I've got the "HDAS->HDEF" patch enabled, but I don't know which value to try to inject in the "Devices" tab of Clover Configurator.

For USB, I've tried a few different kexts to no avail. None of the USB3 ports on my motherboard or case work, and I'm out of things to try.

Thanks for helping! I can't believe I've gotten it booting and have fixed most things...
I'm using AppleALC now, and that hasn't worked yet. I've got the "HDAS->HDEF" patch enabled, but I don't know which value to try to inject in the "Devices" tab of Clover Configurator.

If you have already pasted AppleALC.kext in your CLOVER/kexts/Other and installed AppleALC.kext in /S/L/E using Kext Utility or Kext Wizard or Kext Beast, open config.plist from your Mojave System Disks's CLOVER in CCG and go to Devices _ Audio Section type in under Audio Inject: 1 (that is number one) and place check marks [] AFGLowPowerState []Reset HDA [See image]
See if this will fix sound for you
Edited to add: other alternative values you can try are 11 or 12 [Credit for this troubleshoot goes to Audio Guru Toleda's GUIDE]

Attachments

• config.plist_Devices_Audio .png
    config.plist_Devices_Audio .png
    119.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Just tried that, and unfortunately it still doesn't work. I've seen other threads that note that this exact motherboard has issues with all 3xxx BIOS versions, so I've ordered a new BIOS chip on eBay, and requested that it have an older BIOS installed on it. Once that arrives (about a week), I'll try out audio again. I've also tried VooDooHDA multiple times, but uninstalled all VooDooHDA files (in all kext folders) before trying any AppleALC method.

The only other thing that I can't seem to get working is USB3. This applies to the two USB3 ports on the front of the case (a Fractal Design Meshify C), and the two USB3 ports directly on the motherboard. Fortunately, I have 7 other USB2 ports that all work. Things I've tried (all newest versions available):
1. RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext.
2. RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
3. The aforementioned USBInjectAll.kext, but with the attached (and highlighted) kernel patch to extend the maximum number of USB ports.

Thanks for helping, by the way. Couldn't do it without you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 5.19.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 5.19.51 AM.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 39
Just tried that, and unfortunately it still doesn't work. I've seen other threads that note that this exact motherboard has issues with all 3xxx BIOS versions, so I've ordered a new BIOS chip on eBay, and requested that it have an older BIOS installed on it. Once that arrives (about a week), I'll try out audio again. I've also tried VooDooHDA multiple times, but uninstalled all VooDooHDA files (in all kext folders) before trying any AppleALC method.

The only other thing that I can't seem to get working is USB3. This applies to the two USB3 ports on the front of the case (a Fractal Design Meshify C), and the two USB3 ports directly on the motherboard. Fortunately, I have 7 other USB2 ports that all work. Things I've tried (all newest versions available):
1. RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext.
2. RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
3. The aforementioned USBInjectAll.kext, but with the attached (and highlighted) kernel patch to extend the maximum number of USB ports.

Thanks for helping, by the way. Couldn't do it without you.
I was glad to be of some help in your efforts.
I no longer use Asus Motherboards for my Hackintosh Builds.
I have found them hard to bend to conform to Hackintosh user's will!
Their BIOS options are not easy to work with for the changes needed for Hackintosh installation. If you look at the Hackintosh Forums all over, GA boards have less issues than ASUS, MSI and AsRock combined. That's my2¢!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back