3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
First of all, thank you all for the great work !

This is my second attempt at building a hackintosh, and this time I went for the simplest possible setup, the Z370N and an i5-8400.

My problem is that the guide is excellent! until after the MultiBeast part.

After this I know I have to fiddle with kexts and configurations, but I can't really figure out how to do this. There must be an iterative process, where you try, roll back, and try again etc. But every time I try installing a kext, the system won't boot again.

I followed this great description: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lent-ga-z370n-i5-8400-16gb-500gb-nvme.247619/

And at the end there is a zip with a ton of files, which is awesome, but I don't know what to do with it.

I feel like I am missing part II of the guide :)

I know there are forum topics that sounds like what I need, but they all assume I know something.

What am I missing, or am I just really thick ?,... :)

Thank you all!

(My first attempt at building a hackintosh went sort of ok, except I had to boot 2-5 times every time I turned it on.)

And at the end there is a zip with a ton of files, which is awesome, but I don't know what to do with it.
Download the EFI.zip from the guide that you linked.
Mount the EFI partition of your HDD with EFIMounter.
Replace the /EFI folder and contents (if found) on the EFI partition of your HDD with the entire /EFI folder from the zip file.
Restart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back